Notices
PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Diablo | Pantera EFI

VATS I hate it and you should to

Old 07-29-2016, 04:11 PM
Launching!

Default VATS I hate it and you should to

Alright so at the current moment my car is in a not crank situation with the security light flashing. I haven't tried my spare key yet since I am stuck at school but I was able to disable VATS with my HP Tuner.

As of right now the car still won't crank over and i'm not sure if I wrote the tune file to the car correctly or if VATS is actually disabled. When the key is inserted the security light will keep on flashing. Below is a copy of my tune file and hoping a greater mind than mine can point out my mistake, please and thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
01 white SSv2.hpt (219.7 KB, 182 views)
Old 07-29-2016, 04:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

HP Tuners can only turn off the fuel disable part of vats. Your problem is probably the resistor in the key not satisfying the vats in the BCM to engage the starter. Most likely the key cylinder contacts. Follow the links here to bypass it with a resistor from Radio Shack.
http://shbox.com/1/pass_key.html
Old 07-29-2016, 10:30 PM
Launching!

Appreciate the link, I used my multimeter and both keys pellets are giving out 1875 and 1868 omhs, which both seem to be close to the pellets 7. Waited roughly 3 hours and both keys will not turn over the car.

So what's the next thing to do?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: VATS I hate it and you should to

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: