PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help coneecting to MS3 Gold box.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 05:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help coneecting to MS3 Gold box.

I posted this in the Texas forums too, but if someone here can help let me know. I would appreciate it a crap ton.

OK, I am about to lose my freaking mind here. I am trying to hook up my Laptop to my MS3 Gold box for the first time and cent even get that done. LOL The issue I thought was no COM ports in my computer. So I downloaded a com port driver but it still will not detect it even though I now see them in my device manager and also set it to Com1 which is required for the MS box. I even ran the port detector from the megasquirt page and it doesn't find it. I am not the most computer savvy person out there but I can usually get things done with hours of hating everything.

Basically my laptop only had USB ports listed. I bought the USB to Serial adapter and thought that might get the job done, nope, no help.

When I hook up the cables, yea different types LOL, it pops up in the device manager but says it needs the driver. But again, I cant load the driver because it will not detect my Com1 port. Which again, even though it is showing up in my device manager, the port detection tool cant even see it.

So bottom line is, I need help. If there is anyone local to me in the San Marcos area that has experience with this stuff and you would like to help me out, that would be awesome. I will even pay if needed.

Quick Reply: Help coneecting to MS3 Gold box.