Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Were Can I Get A Tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 02:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Were Can I Get A Tune

I Have A Lt-1 And I Was Wondering Were Could I Get It Tune Or Send The Computer To Have It Tune Which Is The Best. And Were Is The Closest To Me I Am Around Huntington West Virginia Area
Old 06-23-2004, 02:49 PM
TECH Resident

What year is the car ?
Older ones use a ECM and the software is burned into a E-prom that is soldered into the Memcal that plugs into the bottom of the ECM.
I do all F and Y body from 84 to 95s.
I remove the stock E-prom, solder in a low porfile I/C socket, and burn the custom tune into a new E-prom that then just plugs into the socket.
After that if tweak tunes are needed all is needed is new tune burned into a E-prom, I send you that and you just plug it in.
So if that what you have all I would need is the Memcal and the ECM does not have to be taken out at all.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:59 PM
Teching In

Default Tuning

Originally Posted by Team ZR-1
What year is the car ?
Older ones use a ECM and the software is burned into a E-prom that is soldered into the Memcal that plugs into the bottom of the ECM.
I do all F and Y body from 84 to 95s.
I remove the stock E-prom, solder in a low porfile I/C socket, and burn the custom tune into a new E-prom that then just plugs into the socket.
After that if tweak tunes are needed all is needed is new tune burned into a E-prom, I send you that and you just plug it in.
So if that what you have all I would need is the Memcal and the ECM does not have to be taken out at all.

THE CAR IS A 95 MODEL EVERYTHING HAS BEEN CHANGED BUT THE HEADS AND INTAKE AND IT COUGH'S SOMETIMES WHEN YOU REV IT,OR GET ON IT,THEN JUST TAKES OFF,BUT WOULD A 96 MODEL COMPUTER MAKE MORE POWER AFTER TUNED OR ARE THEY ANY DIFFERENCE,AND HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO DO THIS,THANKS BILL
Old 06-23-2004, 03:54 PM
TECH Resident

'95 then uses the 1st gen PCM so it has flash memory and in that case you would have to send me the PCM for tuning else if you had LT1edit then tune could be done via email.
No the '96 PCM itself would not get more power.