Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throwing Some Codes

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 05:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throwing Some Codes

The Z28 just started throwing some codes in this cold weather. They are as pictured.

I have searched on here but have not found much that has been of any assistance. Today I fired it up, cleared the code and drove it and it stayed off as long as I drove. When I shut it off and start it back up, the Service Engine Soon light comes on. The codes point to a problem with the emissions system and A.I.R. solenoid. The car still runs like a champ.

Anyone have any ideas where to start? I hate electrical issues...

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Old 12-25-2016, 10:56 AM
12 Second Club

It sounds like the a.i.r. pump may be out. I still have mine I think if you want to replace it but I would honestly block it off and get the code turned off. If your going to get new headers you can get them without the emissions stuff on them.

It may also just be the circuit I would check it doesn't have a blown fuse and you have power and ground at the pump.

The purpose of the air system is to pump air into the cats to help get them convert more efficiently. It dose not hurt your car to not have them.

Last edited by 98redorangeta; 12-25-2016 at 11:08 AM.
Old 12-26-2016, 02:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 98redorangeta
It sounds like the a.i.r. pump may be out. I still have mine I think if you want to replace it but I would honestly block it off and get the code turned off. If your going to get new headers you can get them without the emissions stuff on them.

It may also just be the circuit I would check it doesn't have a blown fuse and you have power and ground at the pump.

The purpose of the air system is to pump air into the cats to help get them convert more efficiently. It dose not hurt your car to not have them.
Checked the fuse today and it was blown. Replaced, cleared the fault codes out and so far that has been the ticket.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction! I appreciate it!
Old 12-26-2016, 10:33 PM
12 Second Club

No problem if it pops again post back up and we can try and help out.

Quick Reply: Throwing Some Codes