Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Timing not adjusting

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 12:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Timing not adjusting

Hello, just completed my 4.8/4l80e swap into a firebird. Running stock computer with 3 bar op system. Pretty much stock except for 80lb inj and efi source 3 bar map sensor because the plan is to throw a turbo on the car a little down the road. Anyways I'v downloaded sloppy mechanics stock 4.8 turbo car tune from his wiki site for a base tune. Timing is not adjusting at all. It stays at 10 deg of timing all the time except when on decel it will bump up to around 20 or so. It seems to be running on the min spark adv vs rpm in the tune settings. I'v copied a stock tune file also except for the inj data and map data and still does not adjust timing. Could this be a sensor issue or a tune issue. Any help would be appreciated. This is my first car build ever inspired by the denmah. Will attach the tune and a datalog.

Attached Files
File Type: hpt
1-12-17 stock tune.hpt (239.8 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by D-Man304; 01-15-2017 at 01:22 PM.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:51 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looked at your tune and data log.

The only thing is see that could cause the problem is your torque management settings are set at zero. My understanding is that you want to allow ZERO torque. If you are making more then zero torque then the pcm will pull timing to get torque back down to zero.

Try setting the limits to 640 and see if that changes anything.

This also makes sense why the spark goes up when slowing down, because when you are decelerating you are making zero torque so the tune reverts back to the spark table.

I hope that helps.
Old 01-19-2017, 09:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Compsystems
I looked at your tune and data log.

The only thing is see that could cause the problem is your torque management settings are set at zero. My understanding is that you want to allow ZERO torque. If you are making more then zero torque then the pcm will pull timing to get torque back down to zero.

Try setting the limits to 640 and see if that changes anything.

This also makes sense why the spark goes up when slowing down, because when you are decelerating you are making zero torque so the tune reverts back to the spark table.

I hope that helps.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! It worked. I can actually drive it around now. Trans feels like it slips at WOT 1-2 shift. Goes up to 4k rpm and just stalls out there. Will research it and try to mess with the tune settings to see if I can do anything about it. At least I can put around in it until the turbo setup is on. Thank you again.
Old 01-20-2017, 12:42 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by D-Man304
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! It worked. I can actually drive it around now. Trans feels like it slips at WOT 1-2 shift. Goes up to 4k rpm and just stalls out there. Will research it and try to mess with the tune settings to see if I can do anything about it. At least I can put around in it until the turbo setup is on. Thank you again.
so the motor is reving up but you are not gaining MPH? or are you saying when you go WOT that the motor wont rev past 4k?

Post a log and tune in a new thread and ill take a look.

Quick Reply: Timing not adjusting