Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

decapped injector scaling

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 06:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default decapped injector scaling

Hey guys, I just sent my decapped injectors off to get flowed and cleaned. Eric Derr sent me a pic of the flow sheet today and as expected theres quite a bit of variance between the injectors. I have one thats flowing more than the others by alot and one thats flowing a bit less over all but the rest are within about 3%. Im planning to use the one that flows more on cylinder 7 as from what I read its prone to running lean anyway. Im not sure where Ill be putting the lean one as I dont know if theres a particular cylinder that usually runs rich? Anyway, this is just temporary till I can afford a better set but my question has to do with the flow rate vs KPA table. On the earlier pcms it just had a flat flow rate across the board so I would simply put in my average flow rate but on the 06 pcm I use, it has flow rate scaled to KPA so how do I set that scale? Also, do I use my static flow rate(about 73) in this table or my dynamic(about 63)? Thanks for any help you can provide.
Old 03-07-2017, 05:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so I figured out the math to do the scaling but Im still not sure if I need to base it off the static rate or dynamic rate???
Old 03-10-2017, 07:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 526 Likes on 356 Posts

i've been wondering this myself.

i would use the static numbers. the flow vs kPa injector data for the sd 80s I use falls in line with the static number i got from eric when I had them cleaned and flowed.

(remember eric tests those at 3 bar, and you'll be running them at 4 bar)

the offsets and min fueling and stuff I would keep stock.

keep us updated!

Quick Reply: decapped injector scaling