Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cold Start Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 09:31 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Cold Start Tuning

So long story short every external mod I do whether it was the ATI 10% non-ac underdrive pulley, the removal of the AC system and all of the associated pulleys, the Vigilante 3600 9.5" converter they all have something in common. They either reduce rotating weight on the front of the engine or back of the engine making the engine do less work but not anything that affects actual engine tune or fuel ratios.

The thing I noticed is that after each thing I did, when I start the car up, it starts more violently. Especially when doing a cold start its most apparent. Hot starts arent bad they are more normal. Now after all of these mods, it starts up really loud to the point it scares the hell outta people standing nearby.

I dont want to change exhausts but is there a way to somehow adjust the cold start of the car so its not getting so much initial power? Is it something with the timing or something else? I know with carb'd engines more timing makes them start up stronger but I am not sure if its the same here or if there is something else that I can change. I have hp tuners on my laptop.
Old 03-25-2017, 11:14 AM

Received 1,836 Likes on 1,145 Posts

In the engine idle section there is a startup air adder and a friction adder. Reduce the cold areas of those tables it'll reduce the startup flare
Old 03-27-2017, 11:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh ok ill give that a try. my airflow table is all zereoed out but ill try adjusting the friction table a little lower
Old 03-28-2017, 07:34 AM

Received 1,836 Likes on 1,145 Posts

if that still doesn't help, then possibly check the cranking fuel VE and reduce it a bit to reduce the start up fuel. Don't go too far or it won't start.

Quick Reply: Cold Start Tuning