Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holley HP efi issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 08:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Holley HP efi issue

So about 2 weeks ago I fired up my lq4 turbo holley my hp efi set up in my nova. It went perfect everything worked did self tune of idle and was actually running pretty decent. Well I had to do a gear swap and finish assembling grill and bumpers etc ( I did u hook battery at one point for a few min)...so i did that last few weeks. Got my rear end back and assembled and went to fire it up and nothing cranks that's it. Fuel pump doesn't come on , check all repays and fuses. Check main power and ignition power all good. So then I went and got lap top and no communication with ecm. Then I noticed a noise coming from engine bay.....checked and all the coils were firing with key on (obviously not running ) and my single led in dash that was hooked to a output on Ecm is dimly blinking to the tune of the coils.....any one ever here of anything like this? What really stumps me is everything thing....I mean every sensor was working and reading perfect when I shut it off and car never moved from the lift.
I'm gonna call holley tomorrow but I got a bad Feeling ecm is f- up.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:27 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Every time we have seen that happen where we had one running and then lost the fuel output it ended up being the ecm. We backed one on the Dyno one day and strapped it down and went to start it up and the fuel pump wild the cut back on, was the ecm. We tune and sell and a lot of hollley, and have seen it a couple times.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya that was my feeling that it's the ecm....so weird it would quit like that . It only had maybe 45 min of run time.and was never actually driven. It came with v2 on it and I updated to v4 before fire up.
How is holley for standing behind them? I got it probally a year ago but never fired up till a few weeks ago because of size of project...

Quick Reply: Holley HP efi issue