Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of switching to EFI Live from HPT

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 08:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Thinking of switching to EFI Live from HPT

I've got HP Tuners Pro and I like the software but I've got a Duramax Silverado that already has an EFI Live OS that I'd like to be able to tune as well. It seems like HPT is a little better for LS tuning but it's very lacking for diesels. Since my Chevelle is already tuned with HP Tuners would I have any issues if I switched to EFI? I know they can't read each other's files but would EFI Live be able to pull the data off of the PCM since it is using the stock operating system? The engine has been dyno tuned and I don't want to lose all of the adjustments.
Old 04-30-2017, 08:17 AM
Launching!

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

As long as its not tuner locked or using a COS, you'd be good to go. I've used more then one tuning package on the same pcm several times, since some tuning packages do some thing better then others and there are some tables that one will access that other one will not and vis-versa.
Old 04-30-2017, 02:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

I have used efi live and hpt both to tune cars...I compare it to apple vs. Andriod. Apple is hpt, very user friendly, but you can only change so much. Efilive is like Andriod in that you can mod and tweak everything exactly how you want it and the table structure has a ton of tables readily available. My preference is efilive.
Old 04-30-2017, 03:35 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts

HPT has stepped up their diesel game quite a bit! Esp with their new 3.x software. download some files off their tune repository and check em out.
Old 04-30-2017, 03:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tech@WS6store
HPT has stepped up their diesel game quite a bit! Esp with their new 3.x software. download some files off their tune repository and check em out.
Unless they add some sort of DSP switch capability, they're still way behind. The truck already has the custom OS so it's incompatible with HPT anyway.

Quick Reply: Thinking of switching to EFI Live from HPT