PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intermittent code P108! High Map Input help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 11:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intermittent code P108! High Map Input help!

This is driving me crazy..

I swapped over to an ls6 intake recently and upon install my car threw code p108 high input to map..So i pulled the intake a couple of times trying to figure out what could be causing the issue.. I re did the pcv hoses and made sure they were good. I also check the map sensor hose,which was also connected and replaced.

I then decided u know what maybe its a darn vaccum leak so i pressurized my intake using a plug with a compressor fitting on the TB accordion and ran 10 psi of compressed air into the intake, i sprayed soap and water all around the intake and the only leak i found was the valve covers..highly doubt that has anything to do with my P108..

I also ended up buying a brand new AC delco MAP sensor.

Im running out of ideas here,and im tired of pulling the intake even though i have it down to a 15 min swap now lol.. really considering just slapping the ls1 back on and seeing what happens.

The code will set for the first 15 mins of start up then it goes away. Everytime i shut the car off the code will be set upon start for the first 15 mins.

Can someone shed some light on some possible issues or things i can check?
Old 05-13-2017, 12:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by j0hn_j0hn08
This is driving me crazy..

I swapped over to an ls6 intake recently and upon install my car threw code p108 high input to map..So i pulled the intake a couple of times trying to figure out what could be causing the issue.. I re did the pcv hoses and made sure they were good. I also check the map sensor hose,which was also connected and replaced.

I then decided u know what maybe its a darn vaccum leak so i pressurized my intake using a plug with a compressor fitting on the TB accordion and ran 10 psi of compressed air into the intake, i sprayed soap and water all around the intake and the only leak i found was the valve covers..highly doubt that has anything to do with my P108..

I also ended up buying a brand new AC delco MAP sensor.

Im running out of ideas here,and im tired of pulling the intake even though i have it down to a 15 min swap now lol.. really considering just slapping the ls1 back on and seeing what happens.

The code will set for the first 15 mins of start up then it goes away. Everytime i shut the car off the code will be set upon start for the first 15 mins.

Can someone shed some light on some possible issues or things i can check?
There is no hose on the MAP sensor. It plugs in directly to the intake manifold. I would be looking closely at the electrical connection for a broken wire.
Old 05-13-2017, 12:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
There is no hose on the MAP sensor. It plugs in directly to the intake manifold. I would be looking closely at the electrical connection for a broken wire.
i was reffering to the one that sits under the map, behind the intake sorry probably worded it wrong
Old 05-14-2017, 09:47 PM
Staging Lane

anyone have any suggestions, starting the tear down again tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Intermittent code P108! High Map Input help!