Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for some direction curing codes p2101 & p1516

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 12:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default looking for some direction curing codes p2101 & p1516

This is my '70 El Camino. Stock LS2/4l60e from a '06 GTO. Harness by Speartec. I have had the truck together/ running since 2012 with no issues.
I don't know how long I've had this problem because it only happens at WOT. This is an "out of range" condition between ECM, TAC, and pedal.
I took a gamble that didn't pay off when I replaced the throttle body and the gas pedal. I have closely examined the wires at the plug-ins on each piece and can find nothing amiss.
Is this the kind of problem that a shop with the right piece of equipment could find fairly quickly, or at least have a good idea on? I'm at a loss. I'll be leaving for the Power Tour on the 9th of June and would love to have the truck at 100%. Still driveable, but nose dives to limp mode after a full throttle hit. Thanks for any direction you can provide.
cross posted from conversions and hybrids.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:57 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

More than likely it can be fixed by changing some parameters in the tune, without seeing the tune or vehicle thats just a guess though. We do see those same codes and do have do adjust some parameters to correct for them on some swaps and even some factory vehicles depending on mods.

Quick Reply: looking for some direction curing codes p2101 & p1516