Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

408 ls swap help needed.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 09:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Notoriousmcg
Heres the cam gear with the sensor removed. The sensor broke off in the cover and it took me 2 days to extract the end of it. That looks like the pick up in rhe photo right?
let me know if I need to turn the motor over and take more pics
Old 06-05-2017, 09:45 AM
Teching In

let me know if I need to turn the motor over and take more pics
Old sensor on the left obviously.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:49 AM
Teching In

Old sensor on the left obviously.
Cam card.
this is where I got the gen II from. I know it was a gen III and was under the impression it was a gen II grind.
Old 06-05-2017, 11:19 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts

Turn engine over counting the timing tabs. 1 half moon is 1x , 3 smaller marks and 1 long is 4x
Old 06-05-2017, 02:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tech@WS6store
Turn engine over counting the timing tabs. 1 half moon is 1x , 3 smaller marks and 1 long is 4x
Old 06-05-2017, 02:18 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

The timing marks will look like C or D not B

I gave the wrong des sorry a tad under the weather 2 small marks 2 large marks but not complete half moon
Old 06-05-2017, 03:08 PM
Teching In

The timing marks will look like C or D not B

I gave the wrong des sorry a tad under the weather 2 small marks 2 large marks but not complete half moon
ok thanks I'll check as soon as I get home. Hope you get to feeling better...i can't do this without you...
Old 06-06-2017, 08:10 AM
Teching In

ok thanks I'll check as soon as I get home. Hope you get to feeling better...i can't do this without you...
yeah it's a 4x timing gear. I replaced the cam sensor and will try the crank sensor tonight.
Old 06-10-2017, 10:18 PM
Teching In

yeah it's a 4x timing gear. I replaced the cam sensor and will try the crank sensor tonight.
well replaced crank sensor and cam sensor with no difference also have a new problem. service suspension service traction control and number 8 cylinder is down and is smoking. I feel a lawsuit coming. What's the best plugs for a N/A 408 with about 600hp.
Old 06-10-2017, 10:26 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Ngk tr6 pn 4177
Old 06-10-2017, 10:57 PM
Teching In

Ngk tr6 pn 4177
Thanks.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

I have a gen iv 6.0 stroked to a 408 and put it in my avalanche the ecm has the DoD deleted and that's it. Waiting for tuner. But since I put it in the crank sensor isn't reading the trigger anymore. I used the stock 5.3 flywheel etc. What's going on here? Will the programming take care of this or is it an issue with compatibility?
well replaced crank sensor and cam sensor with no difference also have a new problem. service suspension service traction control and number 8 cylinder is down and is smoking. I feel a lawsuit coming. What's the best plugs for a N/A 408 with about 600hp.
I'm still confused about what the original problem was. You said 'since I put the in the crank sensor isn't reading the trigger anymore"

What does that even mean?

The suspension service/trac control message is due to the misfire DTC which disables those systems.
Old 06-23-2017, 01:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
I'm still confused about what the original problem was. You said 'since I put the in the crank sensor isn't reading the trigger anymore"

The suspension service/trac control message is due to the misfire DTC which disables those systems.
it means that I have had the crank sensor code since the engine was installed. The problem was a broke rocker arm and an incorrectly programmed ecm.
Old 06-23-2017, 06:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

A lawsuit. That seems a little extreme. Sorry for your issues but you don't seem to know much about ls engines or anything about your setup in general which is always going to make things more difficult for the shop to help you diagnose issues since you don't know the difference between a nut and a bolt.
Old 06-23-2017, 07:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

full of fail.
Old 06-23-2017, 07:37 PM
Teching In

[QUOTE=MY_2K_Z;19657571]A lawsuit. That seems a little extreme. Sorry for your issues but you don't seem to know much about ls engines or anything about your setup in general which is always going to make things more difficult for the shop to help you diagnose issues since you don't know the difference between a nut and bolt.
So for you to assume you know me bc of a few post on a forum about an engine that someone else built well that makes you a dumbass. I have a pretty good understanding of ls engines and ********* like you think that your the only people in the world that know how an engine works. It's a small block not a ge90x (Google it) bc I paid a speed shop WELL to build am engine for me and they fu**ed it up yeah that is plenty of reason to sue over. I didn't see where you chimed in on any of this anyways so wtf does it matter to you. Go jump in your lil rice burner and try to pick up some under age girls or something and leave the technical **** to people that know what their talking about
Old 06-23-2017, 07:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LilJayV10

there is a laundry list of problems. I eventually pulled compression and nothing on # 8 So pulled the valve cover and the rocker arm was broke. The ecm was another problem had to be reprogrammed the company that did built the engine subed out the programming to a company and they messed up some of the parameters. So you have to use some common sense in life and realize that not everyone is sitting at a desktop and some people are replying while they're working or doing other things and just like texting there are mistakes in the sentencing.
I had the similar codes when the evap purge valve went out so I was seeing if there was a simple solution to so me of this.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

there is a laundry list of problems. I eventually pulled compression and nothing on # 8 So pulled the valve cover and the rocker arm was broke. The ecm was another problem had to be reprogrammed the company that did built the engine subed out the programming to a company and they messed up some of the parameters. So you have to use some common sense in life and realize that not everyone is sitting at a desktop and some people are replying while they're working or doing other things and just like texting there are mistakes in the sentencing.
I had the similar codes when the evap purge valve went out so I was seeing if there was a simple solution to so me of this.
yeah common sense is hard to come by....

Google the meaning sometime.

Quick Reply: 408 ls swap help needed.