Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine swap help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 11:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine swap help!!

Alright I got a few questions, I recently threw a new LM7 that was bored out into my trans am because I cracked a piston in my last one.
I got it in. It started up fine for the first time has no issues after the first day of starting. After that I've been having a P0432 code when I first started the motor over i didn't have any O2 sensors in nor cats because I have LT installed. And since I got my O2 extensions the car is running pretty rough. Hard to start. Especially at temperature. Doesn't want to idle. It seems like a timing issue or a fuel issue does this seem right? And the reason why it runs better without O2 right now is because it's running richer than it should which makes the motor actually want to idle correctly. Does this seem like I'm on the right page?
Keep in mind I've replaced. The crank pos sensor/ camshaft pos sensor. Practically everything in the motor is new... Except the rocker arms. I have a tsp heads cam kit. Tqr V4 with 225cc heads.
I'm thinking the reason why its running rough now is possibly because I havnt done a crank sensor relearn yet? And the fact I'm still on the factory tune still? Does anyone have any experience with this?
also my tach isn't working... And I'm guessing I have no idea. But the reason I'm thinking my tach isn't working is because the crank pos sensor isn't relearned yet?
any feedback would help!!

Quick Reply: Engine swap help!!