PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issues with 90mm TB and Xlink...help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 10:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues with 90mm TB and Xlink...help!

hello, I'm having issues trying to get a 90mm TB with Xlink to work with my LSA supercharger swap....I'll give you guys the background and specs...I have a 2005 LQ4 stroked and bored to a 408, with LS9 cam, 317 heads, LSA supercharger, truck harness, blue/green pcm, truck tac module, c5 corvette pedal, tuned with EFI live. I drove the truck earlier this year without the blower installed, and had absolutely no issues with the stock 78mm TB. Did the blower swap, added X link, and a gold blade LS3 TB. I continue to get P1516, P2108, U0107 DTC's often. The tuner is saying the issue is with X link, or TB or TAC module or bad harness, mismatched pedal. I have spent countless hours searching forums, testing all components such as harness, pedal, etc...I can't find anything wrong! The TB opens and closes as it should, nice and smooth. I have replaced TAC module, and even tried a 87mm truck TB, I still continue to get DTC's. I have read multiple post of people getting the X link to work perfectly....what am I or the tuner missing here? I'm close to buying 4 bolt to 3 bolt TB adapter for the 78mm TB, and extending the harness. Can anybody shed some light on how they get this X link to work??? Could it be something else not related to TB??
Old 09-02-2017, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Helterskelter608
hello, I'm having issues trying to get a 90mm TB with Xlink to work with my LSA supercharger swap....I'll give you guys the background and specs...I have a 2005 LQ4 stroked and bored to a 408, with LS9 cam, 317 heads, LSA supercharger, truck harness, blue/green pcm, truck tac module, c5 corvette pedal, tuned with EFI live. I drove the truck earlier this year without the blower installed, and had absolutely no issues with the stock 78mm TB. Did the blower swap, added X link, and a gold blade LS3 TB. I continue to get P1516, P2108, U0107 DTC's often. The tuner is saying the issue is with X link, or TB or TAC module or bad harness, mismatched pedal. I have spent countless hours searching forums, testing all components such as harness, pedal, etc...I can't find anything wrong! The TB opens and closes as it should, nice and smooth. I have replaced TAC module, and even tried a 87mm truck TB, I still continue to get DTC's. I have read multiple post of people getting the X link to work perfectly....what am I or the tuner missing here? I'm close to buying 4 bolt to 3 bolt TB adapter for the 78mm TB, and extending the harness. Can anybody shed some light on how they get this X link to work??? Could it be something else not related to TB??
I just realized I may have posted this question in the wrong place....sorry, I'm a newbie!
Old 11-17-2017, 12:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Question

Ever get this figured out?
Old 11-18-2017, 09:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello. I had a very similar experience to you. 408 HCI motor. Never had issues until I got an Xlink and gold TB. I went through two tuners both which are sponsors on this forum. Never got it to work right. It would surge and not come back to idle and die. I searched the forums for eons and contacted the Xlink creator. Nothing. Eventually, the tuner I was using (ever notable guy) told me to just give up and go back to stock. " you won't loose out on much HP. You won't even notice"

So I went back to stock and the problems went away.

I know a lot of people say that they work great. But its weird we have similar setups and they were both headaches for us.

Now maybe I could have tried the xlink mini and silver blade. But I already got enough hurt the first time around. $$

Quick Reply: Issues with 90mm TB and Xlink...help!