Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Painless 60650 Gauge Controller

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 01:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painless 60650 Gauge Controller

Hello! I'm looking for a little help with this...I have an LS swapped 83 Pontiac Bonneville Wagon. The PCM, engine, trans, etc are from a 2003 GMC Sierra (VIN T). My goal for this car is as a daily driver but retain a stock/sleeper look. So I've spent more money that I should have to try to keep things simple. I don't want to drill/tap stuff. I want to retain a very "factory" look and functionality.

Has anyone ever used a Painless 60650 Gauge Controler for an LS Swap? That's what I used to make the Speedo and Tach work. I'm trying to hook up Oil Pressure, Temperature, Volt, and Fuel gauges. Volt and Fuel are "stand alone" so I'm sure that when I get my new gauges, they'll install "easily." But what I'm finding out now is that my Painless 60650 might be redundant...which is what it was designed to eliminate...and the reason I bought it. It seems my 2003 PCM doesn't put out oil pressure data to the DLC, but Painless thinks it's a setting that a Tuner can take care of...any truth to that? If my PCM doesn't put out that data, that piece of the Painless box wouldn't be used and I'd have to go another route...bummer. Temperature data does come through the DLC via the PCM, so with the right gauge, I "should" be able to get temperature data. I've tried my factory gauge and a "cheap" VDO gauge from NAPA and I get nothing when hooked to the Painless Controller.

I can't seem to find anyone with experience with this "voodoo box."

The sensors are already there, the data is there, I just want to retrieve it without reinventing the wheel. Any advice or experience? Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: Painless 60650 Gauge Controller