Sponsored by:

LFX swap questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 01:05 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LFX swap questions

Hi all!
I've started a 2015 LFX/6l50 swap into a 72 Chevy p/u.

I'm working on converting the harness for stand alone operation and 2WD operation (was originally a 4x4).

Have gotten most documentation from the ACDelco TDS website, this forum, and several build logs on the Miataturbo.net forum.

I have created a Pinout spread sheet based on AkaNovaman's but this system uses the E92 computer, so some pins are in different locations.

Questions:

Is the ambient air temp sensor used in engine function or can it be deleted. Pretty sure these duties are handled by MAF.

Vehicle speed was provided by a sensor on the transfer case. Connector B14 to the x2 connector on the ecm. 2wd applications get this data from the TEHCM.
The information I have shows 2WD applications using HiSpeed Lan to get the information from the TEHCM. Can anyone confirm this?

I have the BCM, and am considering using it because I would like to facilitate use of the factory shifter (tap/up, tap/down). BCM will also allow use of the in tank pump module to control pressure and fuel level functions.

BCM will provide the tach information using the LAN, or I can get a signal converter....

The loaded question is? Any big reasons not to go with using the Hi Speed LAN this approach.

Thanks in advance for any information or advice.
Tom

Last edited by Tom2T; 11-19-2017 at 11:25 AM. Reason: typos..
Old 11-19-2017, 11:23 AM
Teching In

Default Pinouts and Manual pages

Here are the pin out spreadsheets I created and the manual pages to support them.

Yellow indicates circuits I plan to delete, other colors are area where I have questions. I haven't decided if I will keep the secondary O2 Sensors. Also they seem to skip wiring one sensor on the O2 system (it may just be me).

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip
2015 Colorado E92 LFX pinout.zip (626.0 KB, 125 views)
Old 11-20-2017, 12:38 PM
Teching In

Default Updated Pinout information

Just a couple of corrections and clarification.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx
LFX Pinout ECM 4x4.xlsx (31.3 KB, 138 views)
Old 03-11-2018, 06:56 PM
Launching!

Whoa. We need pics.

I'm considering this swap for my 66 C10. I really like the idea of a fuel efficient, high power DI V6. I really want to do a manual tho, which will of course make everything 10X harder.

Srsly tho - need pics!
Old 04-06-2018, 03:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I swapped an LFX into a Suzuki Samurai with a manual transmission, was pretty straight forward. Biggest advise is to splurge on an engine harness for a LFX manual transmission application say from a Camaro. Make sure the defaut trans limits (in Hptuners) are all set to a high value 1000Nm for for example or your power will be limited and it wont rev above 3600 RPM because the ECU thinks it lost communication with the transmission. I also ran my starter independently of the ECU.
Haven't done much to refine the tune yet, 320 hp in a 2200 Lb Samurai is a bit excessive as is!
Cheers!
Old 04-23-2018, 07:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To JMFT

I'm having the 3600 rpm problem with LFX in a Crossfire. I'm using E39 ECM. Are you saying to max out the torque settings ? I can't get throttle to open 100%

Quick Reply: LFX swap questions