PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Android/Elm327 Pcm Flash App (LS Droid Read only released)

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 08:05 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will any of the currently released versions change a p59 serial number? If so, what version? Also, I love what you're doing here. I feel compelled to donate a few bucks to the cause. What's the best way for me to do that?
Old 04-20-2019, 08:14 AM
On The Tree

Have you given any thought to making this software open source? Are there plans for supporting e67, e38, e40 and other later ECMs?
Old 04-20-2019, 11:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 157 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by greasess
Will any of the currently released versions change a p59 serial number? If so, what version? Also, I love what you're doing here. I feel compelled to donate a few bucks to the cause. What's the best way for me to do that?
With in the Beta release are download links to previews versions of LS Droid, one of those is the last release of the Alpha write version. It does have some bugs and I would NOT suggest using it in a stock vehicle(meaning vehicle came with the pcm stock). It is however fully functional for writing all 3 modes on the P01 and P59. One of those being a clone flash. It will write every byte from the source file to the pcm including the Vin number, Serial number, Seed/Key, BCC code etc. It's not very fast but with the changes I made by adding RLE compression the times are manageable on the P59 now.

If you want to contribute you can buy one of the tools I've been developing with Envious customs as an alternative to the OBDLink when we release them.....hopefully next month

The tool we are creating is SIGNIFICANTLY faster then anything else on the market and we're going to be offering it with built in BT specifically for use with Ls Droid.
Old 04-20-2019, 11:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by greasess
Have you given any thought to making this software open source?
That would be rather difficult since Ls Droid has been created with a block builder application. There isn't a bit of source code and its impossible to extract any type of usable source code from a compiled APK, I've tried many ways to come up with a decompiled forum of source code but the way the app is created it doesn't start with human readable code and when you extract the jar files from the app what it turns into is just gibbrish.

Are there plans for supporting e67, e38, e40 and other later ECMs?
No chance on the E40, it was too short lived to care about

Almost no chance on the E67 either, they are not nearly main stream enough for my interest and I don't have boxes full of them to work with.

E38 is a possibility...but not likely. Myself and another likely have close to 1000 hours of combined time creating, debugging and testing the read and write kernels I'm using in Ls Droid. There is very little if any of the kernel code we developed that could be carried over into one of the E series pcm's and would require starting all over again. Then considering the fact that the 07-10 E38's brick if you even think about flashing the wrong OS on it and there is currently no way to recover the E series pcm's once bricked means it would be a very costly and time consuming project.

The T42/43 would be the same as the E38....while the T42 it does use the same flash chip as the P59 the actual processor is not the same so the only thing thats shared is the addressing.

On top of that as it stands there is no way to deal with the virtual VE tables in programs like tuner pro. Many have tried to solve the issue but so far no one has done it...or at least not made it public they have done it. So with no way to "tune" the file from one of the E38's there is no reason to even try flashing them.
Old 04-21-2019, 06:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ls Droid has been updated to BetaV0.2.0

To update your current version of Ls Droid Beta V0.1.9 just open the app, let it run its startup check and select Download Ls Droid Beta V0.2.0 right under the header.

The link will download the file from Google Drive and start the Android package installer. The new version will NOT overwrite your existing version of Ls Droid Beta, it will be installed as Ls Droid Beta V0.2.0

You can also find the installer link in the download area on the home screen along with a a link to the update notes of whats changed/been done.

P01 and P59 flashing is now enabled ! ! ! ! ! !
Calibration flashing......
OS flashing.......
Pcm Cloning.......
If you run into trouble flashing or have questions feel free to send an email to feedback@ls-droid.com
This is still a very early Beta version and bugs are possible.... so keep that in mind before you run out and flash your daily driver......

Last edited by PeteS160; 04-21-2019 at 07:02 PM.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:24 PM
Teching In

Default down load link not there for V2.0

Originally Posted by PeteS160
Ls Droid has been updated to BetaV0.2.0

To update your current version of Ls Droid Beta V0.1.9 just open the app, let it run its startup check and select Download Ls Droid Beta V0.2.0 right under the header.

The link will download the file from Google Drive and start the Android package installer. The new version will NOT overwrite your existing version of Ls Droid Beta, it will be installed as Ls Droid Beta V0.2.0

You can also find the installer link in the download area on the home screen along with a a link to the update notes of whats changed/been done.

P01 and P59 flashing is now enabled ! ! ! ! ! !
Calibration flashing......
OS flashing.......
Pcm Cloning.......
If you run into trouble flashing or have questions feel free to send an email to feedback@ls-droid.com
This is still a very early Beta version and bugs are possible.... so keep that in mind before you run out and flash your daily driver......
can not see download link on samsung phone with 6.0.1. says to update ls droid but no link to click on or find to upgrade to V2.0

Last edited by Rickky Bobby; 04-22-2019 at 08:29 PM.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rickky Bobby
can not see download link on samsung phone with 6.0.1. says to update ls droid but no link to click on or find to upgrade to V2.0

If your running any Alpha version of Ls Droid will first need to install the Beta version that can be found at ls-droid.com and the app will then update to V0.2.0 from within the app.

Once you have a Beta version installed you will be able to update to any future version from within the app.
Old 04-23-2019, 03:27 PM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If your running any Alpha version of Ls Droid will first need to install the Beta version that can be found at ls-droid.com and the app will then update to V0.2.0 from within the app.

Once you have a Beta version installed you will be able to update to any future version from within the app.
Hi all,

I too had the same problem using a Samsung On5 running Android 6.0.1.
Wound up having to use a Note 8 with 7.0.1

Mike
Old 04-23-2019, 05:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MudDuck514
Hi all,

I too had the same problem using a Samsung On5 running Android 6.0.1.
Wound up having to use a Note 8 with 7.0.1

Mike
Samsung J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL running Android 6.0.1. alpa worked in past. beta v1.9 reads but have not tried vin mods.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not sure what the issue is.....it's pretty hard to miss the V0.2.0 update note or the link. Being able to download this has nothing to do with the type of phone. The data on the apps main screen is pulled from a web-server that allows me to update the information on this page in real time. Ever time the app is started it pulls a copy of the webpage it's linked to on my server. The only way you wouldn't see this is if the phone doesn't have internet access or your not closing the app.

Old 04-24-2019, 09:03 AM
Teching In

Hi all,

Pete that is NOT what shows on MY Samsung Galaxy ON5 running Android Version 6.0.1

THIS is what I get

Just to be sure I had an Internet connection, I Tethered it to my Current Phone - which runs the app fine.

Mike

Edit:

Installed v 0.2.0 and it does the same thing as far as showing a blank screen.

Last edited by MudDuck514; 04-30-2019 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Added new information
Old 04-25-2019, 01:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sneak peak of whats to come in the next major content update for the Beta version of the app.....

Spoiler!
Old 04-26-2019, 11:33 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also come up blank on the main screen. I've tried it using mobile data and wi-fi. I've tired closing and restarting the app with no success so far. I've even re-installed the app. On a Galaxy S6 on 6.0.1. An additional bit of info: When I try to go to settings, it just gives a message "Incomplete".

Last edited by FastActon; 04-26-2019 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-30-2019, 11:49 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any chance that we can just get a download link for 0.2.0?
Old 04-30-2019, 08:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have no idea if this will install outside of the app itself since a lot of whats in it comes from version 0.1.9 but you can give it a shot.

Download Ls Droid V0.2.0
Old 04-30-2019, 09:00 PM
Teching In

I have no idea if this will install outside of the app itself since a lot of whats in it comes from version 0.1.9 but you can give it a shot.

Download Ls Droid V0.2.0
Hi all,

It SHOULD work as I upgraded my Galaxy Note 8 from 0.1.9, THEN copied the file from it to my LG K30 and it installed with NO problems.

Mike
Old 05-15-2019, 07:04 PM
Teching In

I tried out the V6 READ ONLY feature on a 2002 monte carlo ss with the 3800 in it, but the "shut up" command didn't seem to work on the data bus, and it couldn't complete its read. Perhaps I misunderstood this feature.......is it for all GM v6 vehicles from 98-2004 range or v6 equipped 0411 pcms?
Old 05-15-2019, 07:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vilefly
I tried out the V6 READ ONLY feature on a 2002 monte carlo ss with the 3800 in it, but the "shut up" command didn't seem to work on the data bus, and it couldn't complete its read. Perhaps I misunderstood this feature.......is it for all GM v6 vehicles from 98-2004 range or v6 equipped 0411 pcms?
The exact coverage of the seed/key algorithm isn't certain but if it was able to upload the kernel and start the read it would be compatible.

When the mode 28 00 command is sent out the app will pause and wait for modules to respond and then send 2 3F commands to gain fill control of the data bus as per GM's instructions for the flash protocol.

In cases were the data bus had one or more(normally just 1) module that doesn't correctly go to sleep for the duration there isn't much that can be done over the data bus to correct this issue. If you look at the help section in Tuner Cats WinFlash they actually discuss these types of situations. Tuner Cats recommends removing fuses for other modules until the module at fault stops talking.

Aftermarket radio adapters are notorious for ignoring data bus commands, however when the BUS is switched to 4x they have no choice but to stop talking. Since the OBDLink devices do not support 4x that method can not be applied here and requires that all modules respond as would be expected. In a perfect world that would work fine but in reality modules that won't go to sleep are far more common then you might expect. This is an issue tuners learn to deal with from trial and error type of experience and in some cases a tuner may pull fuses before they even try to read or write just based on experience with certain situations where they have seen a module not work correctly more often then not.

So my suggestion would be posting what message the apps picking up from the data bus...if its showing it. If not in the main storage area of the device where the bin files read would be saved there will be a text file called "LsDroidBinDataTemp.txt" that you can send me by PM or use the email address I have listed in the app for support if your unable to PM the text file. If the OBDLink picked up a stray message it will be in this log. Just as a note, the text file is over written every time a pcm is read or a read is started so you would need to rename the file to something else if your going to continue using the app on another PCM. The reason it over writes the file every time is so that a massive amount of logs don't build up on the device and start soaking up storage space.
Old 06-04-2019, 11:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Full write support has been added for the 3100,3400 and 3800 V6 Pcm's with an approximate coverage range of 2000 to 2006. The same three methods of flashing that I use on the LS are working now. Calibration Only flash was a bit tricky since part of the OS itself is also contained in the same segment of the flash chip that the Calibration data is in so even when flashing just Cal data there are some risks involved. As a result of the potential risks there have been some pretty significant changes made to the way the flash kernel worked to reduce the risk of flashing calibration only data on these Pcm's.

The changes made to the way the flash kernel worked for the V6 Pcm were rather surprising so the same changes were made to the P59 kernel to see how an LS Pcm would react to the changes and it was amazing how much smoother and easier it was to deal with issue now. The changes still need to be added into the P01 flash kernel and the Duramax flash kernel is still under development so adding the changes won't be all that big of a deal but testing the kernels thoroughly after changes like this are made does take a great deal of time and I'll be doing some closed source testing with people I have had do work for me in the past just to make sure there isn't anything I missed with my own testing.

The "New" flash tool I've been developing with Envyous Customs is almost done and the firmware is about 90% complete at this point so I should be able to start adding support for the new flash tool at some point in the next couple of weeks. I'm really excited to see how LS Droid deals with a tool that can stream data so nothing gets missed, this has been one of the hardest things to deal with on the Obdlink line of devices. The fact the new tool also supports 4x flash speeds means Ls Droid will be getting a HUGE speed boost and should become competitive with commercial flash tools in terms of speed at that point.

V6 Pcm Cloning in action with a look at the redesigned UI to make flashing a bit more intuitive as to what your flashing.
Spoiler!
Old 06-10-2019, 08:45 AM
Teching In

Hi all,

Awesome job Pete.
I can't wait until the hardware is completed and ready for shipping.
BTW, how goes it with development of an ADX for the tool and XDF's for the V6 PCM's?

Mike

Quick Reply: Android/Elm327 Pcm Flash App (LS Droid Read only released)