Sponsored by:

Wideband tuning

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 02:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Wideband tuning

Hey guys,

Is wideband tuning self learning or self tuning, I confused as to what it can or cannot do. I see in the motorcycle world Bazzaz has unit that tunes on the fly with a wideband in the exhaust collector, what is the truth?

Thanks,

Mike.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

what vehicle, what pcm, what tuning software.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by qweedqwag
Hey guys,

Is wideband tuning self learning or self tuning, I confused as to what it can or cannot do. I see in the motorcycle world Bazzaz has unit that tunes on the fly with a wideband in the exhaust collector, what is the truth?

Thanks,

Mike.
The very fact that you asked tis question means you need to do much more reading. The idea of "self tuning" is a bit of a misnomer. Even with the most advanced computers, you still have to program them with what you want the result of the tune to be. You then have to verify that your sensors are giving correct information. Once you have this level of knowledge, the self tuning features of some ECUs really only saves a few minutes of time anyway. You also have to observe the same protocols with regard to monitoring gauges and not getting stupid with the throttle before the tune is done. Once all of that happens, you then have to verify that the result of your intended tune is actually the result you wanted for whatever AFR you have chosen. That leads to another issue. Even the "self tuning" ECUs don't tune spark on their own.

Quick Reply: Wideband tuning