PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

P0342 and p0343

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2018 | 03:41 PM
Teching In

Default P0342 and p0343

First off im happy I finally joined but not for a good reason.
Last April i installed new long tube headers everything seemed to go well it started with the car in the air after i installed, got it on the ground to see how it drove, it did fine so i parked it. Later on about 20 mins i go to move it to the driveway and all i hear is it trying to start wouldnt start. Go out the next day and it starts i thought well that was weird but atleast it started untill i go to start it up the next time the CEL light comes on under P0342 sensor low voltage and P0343 sensor high voltage, the begining of a long trial. Change the camshaft position and no change, change the crankshaft position sensor and no change, but while i changed the crank sensor i noticed some crispy burnt wire and change it still no change. I looked up the codes and some say loose cam bolts so it was a good excuse to cam it so i get a ms3 cam put it in and same. So it comes to now inspection was due last month and still cant figure out the cause. I've looked at the previous post everywhere some say its the test connector next to the egr but its a 2002 and ive seen that location is only on a 1998, the other post have the same 2 codes on but have no fix and the posts died back in 2014 and prior. I still cant figure the dang car out and want to get it to start on the first try its just got me to the point where i want to sell it and start but i know its going to be the most simple fix. I've also seen it could be a Case relearn or a bad pcm, the electrical shop wouldnt take the intake off but said its probably not the computer and the dealer wont work on it due to the cam being installed and the tuner said he couldnt do a case relearn on hptuners for that year. Im sorry about misspelling just got off of doing a 16 and sorry if its in the wrong section.

The list of things replaced:
Camshaft position sensor
Crankshaft position sensor x2
wiring to both sensors
replaced Camshaft and bolts
Camshaft position sensor connector

Thank you for any input ahead of time.
Old 02-16-2018 | 05:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

One thing caught my eye. Did you tune the car after the cam change? If not, you should have.
Old 02-16-2018 | 06:37 PM
Teching In

I forgot to mention that, i did after i did the light came on because i needed to delete the code for the Secondary air system and after the cam change neither improved the hard start or the codes