Sponsored by:

Fresh Rebuild, LS2 CAS P0343 Code Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 10:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Fresh Rebuild, LS2 CAS P0343 Code Help Please

Hey guys,

I am new to this forum and am looking for some help. I recently finished a rebuild on my 2002 5.7L and have had some weird issues. Let me start out by saying that my engine is in a Nissan 240SX using the factory harness modified and merging with my Nissan body harness. I keep getting the P0343 code related to the cam sensor voltage above normal. I did relocate and extend the harness as I switched to the LS2 front timing sensor and sealed off the hole on the back of my block where the initial sensor was located. I will also say that I did swap the two outside wires on the connector as I have read to do so since the wiring changes. I have since replaced the sensor with a brand new GM sensor, and the original sensor didn't show any signs of wear or touching cam gear.

Motor Specs:
2002 5.7L 109k Miles before rebuild
Forged rods, pistons
243 Heads 3-angle job, slightly decked for flatness
Clevitte bearings for Mains, Cam, Rods
Fluidampr Crank Pulley
GM Hot Cam .525/.525
LS6 Injectors flowed to 31gpm
LS2 Front timing cover with new sensor
Double roller timing chain
GM Blue BeeHive springs
Manley Solid Pushrods
Factory MAF/IAT sensor
Factory Intake with 78MM throttle body
91 Octane gas only
Camaro front accessories
T56 Transmission with Luk OEM clutch
About 1000 miles on the rebuild, did a break in oil change cycle and kept it under 4500 rpm for first 500 miles.

So whats odd to me is that the car logs the code and runs decent, then the next start the car wants to die every-time I stop moving but the code isn't active and is a pending state. The ECM was modded with HP tuners but only to turn off the VATS, EGR, and other related items. I have not had it professionally tuned yet that is on the list but I want to make sure that I have this issue corrected before doing so. If anyone has any ideas that would be great as I have read every P0343 thread on the internet including LSTech with no success.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:55 AM
Teching In

Thanks for moving this mods, sorry about the confusion.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:38 AM
Teching In

Bump up come on guys, not sure what else to do here. Just trying to understand why Code comes and goes?
Old 04-14-2018, 08:56 PM
Teching In

For anyone else who runs into this and gets no help like I did....If you are using an aftermarket front timing cover for whatever reason(replacement, double roller chain) check the depth of the sensor. I had to trim my sensor down so it would go farther in, once I did that it picked up the signal and works fine. Close please thanks.
Old 04-14-2018, 10:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,021 Likes on 2,352 Posts

Sorry nobody helped you, but glad you solved it! Sometimes it takes a day or two to have the right person see the post that can help you.