Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flip of a switch runs like garbage

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 05:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flip of a switch runs like garbage

What's up guys I have a ls6 swap car it has a cam longtubes and other basic bolt ones. I've been running the car for about 500 miles since the tune and ran amazing no problems whatsoever ever. I will post the video but out of nowhere I'm doing a pull shift to third and the car cuts out of no where you'll see. Then continues to cut in and out and in and out as if I was smashing the gas then brake repeatedly. Itll go for 30 seconds then do it again I genuinely have been mind boggled cause it was out of right field. Same thing at idle fine for 30 or so seconds then has a fit and will almost stall. I have fuel pressure I have checked and cleaned all the ground power wires I'm lost any help would be so appreciated also checked for vacuum leaks couldn't find any
Old 04-24-2018, 09:54 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ls1guy1968
What's up guys I have a ls6 swap car it has a cam longtubes and other basic bolt ones. I've been running the car for about 500 miles since the tune and ran amazing no problems whatsoever ever. I will post the video but out of nowhere I'm doing a pull shift to third and the car cuts out of no where you'll see. Then continues to cut in and out and in and out as if I was smashing the gas then brake repeatedly. Itll go for 30 seconds then do it again I genuinely have been mind boggled cause it was out of right field. Same thing at idle fine for 30 or so seconds then has a fit and will almost stall. I have fuel pressure I have checked and cleaned all the ground power wires I'm lost any help would be so appreciated also checked for vacuum leaks couldn't find any
What does the scanner or data log show?
Old 04-24-2018, 01:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 196 Likes on 134 Posts

I'll offer a couple things to look at from the mechanical aspect..

Fuel pump giving up the ghost? Plug in a mechanical gauge, tape it to the windshield so that you can see it while driving. go out and repeat what you are doing when the problem occurs. If the pump is failing, the pressure will fall and the engine will follow. Then as the pump moves a little more gas, the engine will come back, and then repeat.

Does this vehicle have catalytic converters? I've seen where a car with bad cats would not run at HIGH rpm as it would load up and then shut down, and then repeat just like you are saying.

Does the correct guesser get a virtual beer?
Old 04-29-2018, 05:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 202 Likes on 166 Posts

My vote is fuel pump/fuel pressure.