Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning out p1810 trans code

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 09:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tuning out p1810 trans code

If you get this p1810 trans code, PCM will command max line pressure. Does anyone know if I put this code to No Error Reported, will the PCM still run the test and default to max line pressure? Or will the PCM see everything is all good?

I've read certain codes still perform certain test and default to commanded parameters even though it's set to No Error Reported. Just wanna know if this is one of those codes or not.
Old 05-01-2018, 06:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 194 Likes on 134 Posts

Uh.... Is there a reason you don't want to go in and just fix the problem? You need to replace the pressure manifold on the valve body. Do you know that your PCM uses the pressure manifold to know what gear the trans is in, and also how long it is taking to shift from 1 gear to the next, so that it can raise line pressure to achieve desired shift timing? It's not difficult to replace that part. Drop the pan, unclip the wiring connector from the old manifold, remove 3 #10 bolts, 2 #8 bolts, gently pull old manifold from valve body. Replace new part in reverse order. Clear code. Drive with smile on face.

OR... have you already replaced the P/M and the code is still setting?
Old 05-01-2018, 06:02 PM
TECH Resident

https://www.engine-codes.com/p1810_chevrolet.html
Old 05-01-2018, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I’ve already gone into the trans and changed the pressure switch and wiring harness with NO luck. This p1810 code suddenly popped up only after I updated HPT to 3.6. Trans works and shifts fine. I was just exploring options to this code. Member fst100 sent me a link to download 3.2, last known good file, to try. I’ve been asking around and a lot of people who have 80e segment swaps experience this code.
Old 05-02-2018, 06:27 PM
TECH Resident

Okay, you have done an 80E swap... I did not see that stated in the original post. What year vehicle? What type of wiring harness-aftermarket, or did you modify the factory original?

I have done LOTS of 4L80E conversions into many different kinds of vehicles. I have never had a problem with that code coming up.. Granted it will probably happen to me now since I've said it out loud!

My personal vehicle has an 80E swap, and was segment swapped, and then later OS swapped (to control my electric fans)... Still no 1810 for me.

I'm not sure I'm understanding the connection between updating HPT, and a code storing. Have you been tuning with version 3.6 and now the code is coming, but was not before? Is that what you are saying?

If you have changed the internal harness, and put in a new pressure manifold, I would be inclined to believe that there may be an issue with your harness, or PCM, or as you said, maybe it is in the tune. Have you had this code since the trans was installed, or is it just a recent thing?
Old 05-07-2018, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had that code pop up when I went to a Flex Fuel OS. I change the pressure switch and checked wires with no luck. It turned out to be the OS itself. I found a good file and the problem went away.