PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls3 swap computer question

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls3 swap computer question

Hello I am looking at buying a wrecked 2011 Camaro with ls3 and 6 speed to swap into my 66 Chevelle. I have been searching for a few hours trying to get some info on using the stock computer and what needs to be done regarding the security system. Sounds like the wrecked car does not have a key for it. I thought it would have been a easy search but feel like I am only getting info for the earlier ls1 Camaros. The ls motors are new to me and I’m may not be searching the correct terms, could someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Old 05-05-2018, 01:26 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

You can use the stock E38 ecm from the 2011 camaro for your swap but it will need to be reprogrammed. I would get a new standalone harness from Speartech (sponsor on here) and the ecm reflashed and you would be set. Speartech can take of your harness and ecm all at once.
Old 05-06-2018, 11:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

And if u plan to run digital gauges i would go with digital dakota. Get there canbus interface box. It will plug into the obd2 port and read out all the engine parameters into the gauges. Easy peasy! This is actually the only way to get a speedo and tach from a newer ls platform like yours.

speedhut also sells a setup tht will work the same way.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:52 PM
FormerVendor

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Ecu-882c-ttl-1-ls

Hi Jddj, the last 67 Chevelle I worked on was to upgrade the Engine Management System for Brody Jenner.

He chose my ECU-882C for his needs.

The cost to reprogram the VSS AND the HP (???) tuners for calibration is VERY close to the COST of MY Stand Alone ECU.

I install a calibration (LS-3) AND you may make changes often using your own Laptop with the included GUI I supply.

Lance PanteraEFI.com
Old 05-07-2018, 10:13 AM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

You dont need to purchase hp tuners if you purchase a standalone harness or send your harness to speartech. Sending your harness or purchasing a harness from speartech is your cheapest option by far.