PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Locked pcm

Old 06-09-2018, 03:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Locked pcm

I am going to get my 04 lq4 retuned by prospeed Autosports in Houston Texas but come to find out that the guy who tuned my vehicle before locked my PCM and therefore I probably need to take a new one with me. I was wondering if there were any sponsors or people that I could contact to get a PCM?

I did a search but only found old posts

thanks for the help
Old 06-09-2018, 04:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,017 Likes on 2,348 Posts

Originally Posted by LsxS10blazer
I am going to get my 04 lq4 retuned by prospeed Autosports in Houston Texas but come to find out that the guy who tuned my vehicle before locked my PCM and therefore I probably need to take a new one with me. I was wondering if there were any sponsors or people that I could contact to get a PCM?

I did a search but only found old posts

thanks for the help
Get a hold of LSX Power Tuning. I think they know how to un-brick your PCM. Or they can sell you one very reasonably.
Old 06-09-2018, 04:55 PM
Teching In

Ok thank you
Old 06-11-2018, 12:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 157 Likes on 73 Posts

If your a month out from doing this you may be in luck. I've already developed and shared how to temporally bypass a tuner lock on a 512k or 1mb and also how to remove it completly using an Android app ive developed on the 512k. I've been working on a method for the 1mb pcm's for a while and I'm getting close to being able to do them as well but I'm not their just yet...... but by the time your ready to do this I may have it working.

All my methods leave the file on the pcm untouched and can be done in a couple of minuites with no knowledge of electronics or programming.

And my Android apps are free.....this isnt a sales pitch just sharing my work with others that need it.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:06 AM
Teching In

Great a thread on how to unlock a bricked pcm, I'll list what I've done wrong and hopefully someone is able to walk me through fixing it.

Mine is a 12200411 pcm the mistake I made was to flash incorrect cal file and my lab supply was also only at 11.9v ( 2 sins to remember for my learning and hopefully others)

Now when I connect my avt 853 using ls1 flash I can connect to the avt 853 but when entering flash mode I get an error message " no response from pcm for security seed"

if I go into advance mode and send string 07 10 I get response back 01 60 . (unsure if this is the avt response or the pcm)

What methods would be used to determine if pcm is still communicating?

I have access to reasonable soldering stations and a willem programmer (although looking at desoldering the flash chip looks scary and judging by the limited info online sounds like it can be saved without the need to desolder the chip.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Locked pcm