Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

67 Stand Alone - No Communication

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 06:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 67 Stand Alone - No Communication

Converted a 2006 CTS-V LS2 Harness for stand alone operation. Donor car ran and drove before pulling the harness. Hooked the completed harness up to a battery on the bench to tune out VATS and I'm not getting any communication with my V2.

Verified power/switched power at the ECM pins and also at the OBD2 plug at least 5 times. Checked continuity for the CAN+ and CAN- wires and made sure they are going to the proper pins on the obd2 plug. Grounds are also good.

There is a Green wire going to Pin 1 on the OBD2 plug that I didn't use, could not find any information on that.

Followed this tutorial as well:

http://download.efilive.com/Tutorial...20Tutorial.pdf

Should there be voltage at the CAN+/CAN- pins at the OBD2? If so what's a good reading?

Not sure what I'm missing to get this thing going. Is there any chance there could be interference from outside power on the CAN signal, do the wires need to be completely twisted the entire length?

Any other troubleshooting tips...

Thanks

Jake
Old 06-24-2018, 07:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,021 Likes on 2,352 Posts

First, the obvious, have you checked ALL grounds?? Surprising how easy it is to miss one or two....
Old 06-25-2018, 09:57 AM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

We used the same PDF when we built our original bench harness's and had zero issues. I would guess somewhere or a wire was missed.

Quick Reply: 67 Stand Alone - No Communication