PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help with tac module please.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 12:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with tac module please.

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this site. If I posted this in the wrong place sorry about that. I have already found tons of info already that has helped alot. Anyway I am doing my first LS1 Swap. The car is a 1948 Chevy 2 door Fleetmaster. The ls1 is out of a 2004 corvette Drive by Wire setup. I just got the wiring harness and computer flashed done from the guys at lt1350.com. I finally got the engine to start and it sounds great. However I having problems with the Drive by Wire System. The Throttle body will open just a bit to and allow the engine to idle. The throttle isn't working at all. I was going to convert it to a DBC but the guy at lt1 said that ecu will not support it. The check engine light stays on. ( i got an engine scanner on order should be in tomorrow). So hopefully I can get some codes soon. My question is when I bought the motor it only came with harness and computer it didn't come with the peddle assembly or tac module. I bought the gas peddle and tac module of of ebay and that they claim will work for a 97-04 corvette. When I started looking on line i see there is a bunch of different ones out there. Here is the info that I have on the ecu.

Serv. No. 12586243

*86YFYY924138CM28*

HDW No. 12583659

Just to verify that I have the right tac module does anyone know where i can find a reference sheet or anything that I can check and make sure that I have the right ecu or peddle assy?

Thanks for all your help..
Old 07-06-2018, 01:02 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jw82
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this site. If I posted this in the wrong place sorry about that. I have already found tons of info already that has helped alot. Anyway I am doing my first LS1 Swap. The car is a 1948 Chevy 2 door Fleetmaster. The ls1 is out of a 2004 corvette Drive by Wire setup. I just got the wiring harness and computer flashed done from the guys at lt1350.com. I finally got the engine to start and it sounds great. However I having problems with the Drive by Wire System. The Throttle body will open just a bit to and allow the engine to idle. The throttle isn't working at all. I was going to convert it to a DBC but the guy at lt1 said that ecu will not support it. The check engine light stays on. ( i got an engine scanner on order should be in tomorrow). So hopefully I can get some codes soon. My question is when I bought the motor it only came with harness and computer it didn't come with the peddle assembly or tac module. I bought the gas peddle and tac module of of ebay and that they claim will work for a 97-04 corvette. When I started looking on line i see there is a bunch of different ones out there. Here is the info that I have on the ecu.

Serv. No. 12586243

*86YFYY924138CM28*

HDW No. 12583659

Just to verify that I have the right tac module does anyone know where i can find a reference sheet or anything that I can check and make sure that I have the right ecu or peddle assy?

Thanks for all your help..
I'm pretty sure the TAC module needs to be programmed to the PCM with a tech2 or by the dealer provided it is compatible. The most simple way is to use the PCM, TB and TAC all from the same car in a retro fit.

I'm not full bottle on DBW operating systems but I have converter 2005 P59 from DBW to DBC with changing one number in system options.
Old 07-06-2018, 04:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It doesn't matter what the seller says, all that matters is what car it came out of. You need the correct TAC and the pedal it goes with. Way too many variations to be mix-n-matching these things.

Originally Posted by Luke19901
I'm not full bottle on DBW operating systems but I have converter 2005 P59 from DBW to DBC with changing one number in system options.
If the PCM doesn't have a IAC controller in it, no amount of coding will make it work.

Quick Reply: Need Help with tac module please.