Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

swapping BCM with HP tuner

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2018, 05:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default swapping BCM with HP tuner

I have been having random electrical issues for a while now and I am pretty sure it is due to the BCM. I happen to have an extra one from a v6 firebird and when i swap it into the trans am stuff starts working like my power locks and passanger window. the problem is that the bcm is used so it is coded to a different vats code. previously i had removed the vats with hp tuner but i am stiill getting the security light and the alarm going off when i try to start it.I ordered the VATS bypass resistor kit off flea bay but it isnt here yet.

So my question is am i missing something or should i be able to just swap the bcm and it work?
Old 07-08-2018, 02:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You need a BCM with same part number as the original. Then it needs to be reprogrammed with a MDI or Tech2.
You MAY get lucky using a BCM with a different part number but I have found that most of the times it wont work. Some features just won't work even after a reprogramming.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:37 AM
FormerVendor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

There's 2 parts to vats...1 in the pcm and 1 in the bcm. We have had problems in the past trying to program used bcm's, now we only use new ones and rarely have any issues programming them.

Quick Reply: swapping BCM with HP tuner