Sponsored by:

Lm7 no spark

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 09:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lm7 no spark

Hello everyone.
My dillema is this. I swapped an 00 lm7 into my car matching computer and harness. Just got my pcm back with vats deleted and a few other mod specific tunes. Plugged my pcm in, hotwired the 2 pink wires and 2 orange wires and fuel pump. I crank the engine... And crank and crank., nothing. So I'm not getting spark but can smell fuel so i assume injectors are working. Tried unplugging 1 side coil packs and cranked it, it popped and flame came out exhaust manifold but didnt start. Tried other side same thing happened. Did not happen second time trying to crank only once for each side... Anyone know what could cause this?
I replaced cam and crank sensors, and traced all wires i could think of testing volts and resistance.
I was also wondering what the wires going to the main plug for all coil packs should read for volts and ohms. I had one reading 12v one that was .20ohm grnd.0 ohm one reading odd 6.0-16.0 ohms
and the rest were 5.to6. Ohms. If anyone has a diagram with what their supposed to read im having troubles with google showing me a thousand wrong diagrams for diff. Vehicles and ls1tech having corrupted images.😰
Old 07-08-2018, 09:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,153 Likes on 2,460 Posts

Are the coil packs plugged into the correct sides?
Old 07-08-2018, 10:24 PM
Teching In

Im unsure, i tried swapping them before unplugging the first time but it didnt help anything. Another thing is i pulled one plug from the head but left the wire on and it aparked and arced to the body. I didnt see spark after plugging back in.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:32 AM
9 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Verify that you have 12v at the coils WHILE CRANKING
Old 07-09-2018, 06:02 PM
Teching In

Well I dont know Wtf but i just tried starting it after it sitting all night and i have spark, so i ran it for a few seconds before pulling power... Dont know what changed but I'm not gonna complain. Thanks y'all

Quick Reply: Lm7 no spark