Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Knock sensor help

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 08:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knock sensor help

Dont really know where to post this, but anyways I have a basically stock 00 ws6 (obviously) except for egr and air deletes, slp lm1, long tubes, and slp lid.

Sorry ahead of time it's going to be a long read.

My question is, I've had my car tuned a couple weeks ago for everything and before tuning it had knock sensors 1 and 2 replaced along with the harness because it was throwing low voltage codes. Fast forward to now that its tuned, it drives fine under normal "grandpa" driving, but if I give it half or WOT it throws the knock sensor codes again🙄 ive been running 87 (stupid I know) but I just filled up with 93 today does anyone think this will solve my knock sensor codes?
Old 07-11-2018, 10:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,153 Likes on 2,460 Posts

Only you will be able to answer that after driving a while on 93 gas.
Having said that, knock sensor sensitivity can be adjusted. IF it's still knocking on 93 gas, a tuner can adjust knock sensitivity.
Old 07-13-2018, 06:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update on the knock sensore: I filled up with 93 and it did good for 40 miles of hard driving, but it threw the codes again this time at 3/4 throttle. So it seems to be a little better with the 93 but it's still there, would spark plugs happen to be part of the issue (I just swapped them about 2 months ago with the acdelco recommended ones)? If so what plugs should I run and what gap?

Quick Reply: Knock sensor help