PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Lm7 swap no start

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2018 | 06:01 PM
Teching In

Default Lm7 swap no start

My car 00 mustang with 00 lm7 cammed and 243 heads.
My problem is i just got my tuned pcm, vats deleted and tuned for cam and all and when i try to start it she just blows flames out the exhaust manifold, not like stock car flames but like theres a fire blowing out the exhaust.
Im getting spark and fuel, motor is rebuilt so their should be compression.
Ive checked the wiring and everything is getting correct voltage. Crank and cam sensors are known good and just swapped map with no luck.
Also every now and again im getting backflow out the intake like a missfire maybe? Not persistant almost like a misfire.
Im leaning towards a Crank relearn? Possibly the tune is bad? Or has anyone ever heard of the stock lm7 crank reluctor loosening up and spinning?
I just got a obd2 plug today and will work on connecting it, however the car is stuck where it is and i dont have a scan tool and dont want to afford one. Any help is appreciated!
Old 07-13-2018 | 06:03 PM
Teching In

I would upload a video but it says file type unsupported
Old 07-13-2018 | 08:56 PM
Teching In

Im getting codes p0335 p0336 p0107 p0118
i re checked the crank sensor and realized the bolt was slightly too long to hold sensor in tight, so thats now fixed. It seems to wanna start alittle more but still no go. Did some research and gave battery time to charge, after i tried starting again, immediately popped solid flame throught intake like it was firing in reverse. It also seems to randomly become harder for the starter to work as it tries firing up.
Old 07-18-2018 | 09:51 PM
Teching In

Well i done routed the coil wires backwards. Left was powering the right and right the left. So she fires up and runs for a second or two and dies. This has to be a tune issue, contacted my tuner, waiting for a reply.
Old 07-19-2018 | 06:32 AM
Restricted User

Can you keep it running with some throttle?

Firing up and dying is classic VATS.
Old 07-19-2018 | 06:34 PM
Teching In

Got a reply back and he forgot to remove vats... One job lol.. Well now i just need to wait and hopefully nothing else pops up while its running.
Old 07-19-2018 | 06:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by aron sabel
Got a reply back and he forgot to remove vats...
Boom.

Quick Reply: Lm7 swap no start