Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front O2 and MAF Delete?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 02:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front O2 and MAF Delete?

Hey guys, I have a twin turbo LM7 that is going into my drag pickup. I am finishing up the wiring and forgot to weld in bungs for the front O2 sensors. This car is only going to be used on the drag strip where it will be run wide open so driveability is not an issue, as I know the front O2 sensors’s job is to help trim fuel along with input from the MAF. Which brings me to my other question. If I do not already have my MAF, nor do I have the bungs for the front O2 sensors, would it be better to get rid of them both and go with a Speed Density tune? And if I went that route, do I need to do anything with the 3 extra pigtails (DS O2, PS O2, MAF) or will they be okay receiving no voltage signal? I am going to be using a wideband after each turbo to be data-logging my AFRs on the track, so I don’t see why the fronts would be needed.

Thoughts?
Old 08-07-2018, 04:16 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

If its only going to be raced then I would delete the O2 sensors and MAF and run in OL SD.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LSX Power Tuning
If its only going to be raced then I would delete the O2 sensors and MAF and run in OL SD.
It is never going to see any time on the street. 100% 1/8 mile track only. I have heard a few people saying it won’t correct for things like air temp or pressure without the sensors, but I was planning on just making adjustments based on data logging at the track. Are there any foreseeable troubles doing it this way?
Old 08-07-2018, 05:44 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

If its something track only we never run o2 sensors or CL, just one more thing to go out and mess with fueling. Your coolant temp and IAT modifiers still work in OL.