Notices
PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Diablo | Pantera EFI

2008 corvette c06 ecm immobilizer delete

Old 08-14-2018, 04:40 PM
Teching In

Default 2008 corvette c06 ecm immobilizer delete

Is it possible to remove immo from 2008 ECM, to swap engine into another chassis?
thanks
Old 08-14-2018, 05:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

You mean VATS? It can be programmed out.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by G Atsma View Post
You mean VATS? It can be programmed out.
I don't know if newer models are still VATS equipped. I'm interested in 2008 corvette LS3 engine 2 connector ECM immo delete. can you post some links on where it can be done? thanks in advance

Last edited by Goga Samsonadze; 08-15-2018 at 03:54 PM.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

The new ones have VATS, the 2008 for sure. It's not called "immo". VATS is simply "Vehicle Antitheft System".
Old 08-15-2018, 02:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by G Atsma View Post
The new ones have VATS, the 2008 for sure. It's not called "immo". VATS is simply "Vehicle Antitheft System".
I know about VATS and resistor style transponders in keys, it was on older models, but this car is smart key eqquiped, so I don't have idea what kind of immo it has.
the question is: for example, if I will get 2008 year, 2 connector ECM from ebay, where can I re-program it to get rid of VATS? I'm a BMW guy, and I'm going to swap LS engine in my BMW, so I want to delete immobilizer

Last edited by Goga Samsonadze; 08-15-2018 at 03:54 PM.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Goga Samsonadze View Post
I know about VATS and resistor style transponders in keys, it was on older models, but this car is smart key eqquiped, so I don't have idea what kind of immo it has.
the question is: for example, if I will get 2008 year, 2 connector ECM from ebay, where can I re-program it to get rid of VATS? I'm a BMW guy, and I'm going to swap LS engine in my BMW, so I want to delete immobilizer
there are lots of places that can do that. Google GM or ls1 programming and you should get many choices. Or find someone local that tunes, i could give you names of mail order tuners but idk if they are sponsors

Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: