Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 z28 flashing problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 06:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 z28 flashing problems

Hi guys, looking for anyone that recognizes these errors or could point me in the right direction.

I tried to flash my 94 z28 using $EEHACK. It gave me this error a few times, I've tried it maybe 10 times and I get the same message. After the first time trying to flash it I poked around the computer to see if there were loose wires or anything like that and I found a JET module. I took it out and still have the same errors. I am able to read the current .bin file as well as do the test flash, it says everything is fine. All of the other functions of $EEHACK work fine. The computer thinks it flashed the .bin, it shows the correct file in the current .bin place. I've tried flashing only the E side as well as the T side but nothing works. Its strange that the datalog is fine, sending and receiving to and from the computer but its having trouble uploading this one file... Any help is appreciated!

Old 08-20-2018, 10:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have had flashing problems with those cars when battery voltage is low. Since many connections are old and corroded even a good battery is not enough and the PCM still gets low voltage.
The fix is to hook a battery charger set to 13.5-14V and retry.
Old 08-20-2018, 11:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have not tried EEHack for programing yet, but you might get more help on Gearhead-efi.com. http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...E-tuning-thing!