Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Segment swap issues.

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 12:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Segment swap issues.

Trying to do a transmission segment swap on my 02 6.0 ls swapped suburban. I have had a 700r4 in it for years. Had a 4l60e built for it. Installed it and started truck up. Ran fine. Found a 02 camaro with the same OS as my 02 pcm. Compared them and clicked on the segment swapper. Clicked the trans and transmission diag and hit import. Saved file. Flashed pcm. Went fine. Tried to start the truck. Would not. Got it running with some throttle. It will. It idle on its own. Have to give it some throttle. Scanned and looked at iac. Showed 0 counts. Flashed it back to the tune that was in it before. Ran normal. Flashed it back to the new file and it will not idle. Any ideas what is happening. Can’t get my tune loaded on here cause my computer is being stupid and won’t hook up to the WiFi. I have a post on the hptuners forum too. It does have my flash on there if you want to look at it. https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...nt-swap-needed
Old 09-08-2018, 01:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im dealing with some of the same issues right now. I just did a M6 to 4l60e segment swap in a 01 cammed camaro. Car was tuned prior to me and ran fine. I did the flash and now it runs like ****. Im also having issues with my iac counts as well. This will prob. be the last time I do a segment swap on anything lol.
Old 09-08-2018, 01:04 PM
On The Tree

This is my first segment swap ever. May be my last if they go like this.
Old 09-09-2018, 05:20 PM
On The Tree

I figured it out. With the old tune it was set as manual. New tune is auto so it has a lot more idle sections. All my idle in p/n were zero. Set all of them I could find to the same as the in gear and it now runs.
Old 09-09-2018, 08:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 526 Likes on 356 Posts

There may be a bunch more tables like that in the transmission tables. Do a compare against a vehicle with that trans program and look at whats else might be missing. Probably also wouldnt hurt to run the bluecat tool and dial it in now.
Old 09-09-2018, 08:50 PM
On The Tree

What is the blue cat tool? I have looked at a few of the other tunes I have and made all the adjustments I have found that were blank. I really have to get my vss reading correctly now. It’s a Dakota digital sensor with a cable pass threw. At 85 it read 6 mph. So after I add transfer case fluid I can see if my changes helped the vss reading.