Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 Idle Issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 01:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 Idle Issue

I have an 06 Corvette with a BTR "Stage IV" cam and headers. Yesterday, I pulled the intake and throttle body off to do a home port. I didn't get too crazy with the intake and I mainly just smoothed off the big humps in the mouth of the LS2 throttle body. I didn't get into the area where the blade sits at all. Now its throwing code p0106 and the throttle position won't go to 0%. When coming to a stop even in neutral, it spikes up to around 2500rpm then will slowly drop to 1500 and hang there for 15-20 seconds before dropping to normal. I've tried disconnecting the battery and I've sprayed carb cleaner around the intake looking for vacuum leaks but didn't find any. Anyone have any ideas? If not then I am going to take it to a tuner this week.
Old 09-30-2018, 03:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Gonna probably have to reduce your base running airflow. Sounds like its got a hanging idle from to much airflow.
Old 09-30-2018, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brandon6.0
Gonna probably have to reduce your base running airflow. Sounds like its got a hanging idle from to much airflow.
That's what I figured. I was hoping I wouldn't need a retune but oh well. If it has to be done then it has to be done.