EFI LIVE traction control

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 10:02 AM
Gav
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default EFI LIVE traction control

Hello,
Have a LS1B ECU and LS1/T56 in a kit car so a swap.
Looking at traction control/torque limiting alternatives to a once popular option (Racelogic Traction control now obsolete)
There is tables in the GM PCM for Traction control settings and searching for these in google and here seems like most like to disable them settings for stock cars

Question is how does these work and could i program the PCM to give me torque limiting?? Or is this just for stock cars and more to it?? My throttle body is cable operated not electronic.
Just out for ideas as might go down a turbo route eventually and will need some traction control and boost limiting system. My operating system is COS3 btw in a 0411 LS1B ECU.
Many thanks for reading anyway
Regards
Gav
Old 12-28-2018, 12:33 PM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

If I remember right (this could all be wrong), there is a wire going to the PCM (red pin 23) that gets either ground or 12v (most likely ground) to force traction control on, switching the tables.
I don't think that the PCM itself detects the slip, its probably in the factory ABS or BCM after reading front wheel speed.

You would need to find a way to trigger that wire to use the factory traction control, the PCM itself won't do it.
Old 12-28-2018, 03:18 PM
Gav
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok, looks like not that easy then, but thanks for reply.
regards
gav
Old 12-28-2018, 04:04 PM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

It makes an easy nitrous timing retard if you wire it in with the relay, but its not easy to use as actual traction control in a swap.