Notices
PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Diablo | Pantera EFI

02 WS6 MAF + Tuning

Old 02-17-2019, 08:54 AM
Teching In

Default 02 WS6 MAF + Tuning

Hello fellow enthusiasts,

I've just purchased, about a week and a half ago, a 2002 Trans Am WS6. I found this car under tragic circumstances due to the PO's son passing away after building the engine. He and his son built a 408 stroker for the car. All forged lower end, B&B, FAST 92 intake, BM 92mm TB, Pacesetter headers. I just don't remember what heads he said he had built for the car. But the intake and heads are all ported and matched. He also upgraded the fuel pump, although I don't remember which pump he said he went with. I'll get more information on the car shortly. The only thing the car needs immediately is a new 12 bolt rear end that will handle the power of this engine. I plan on future upgrades and getting even more power out of this car, so I'll be installing a new rear sometime in the very near future.
With a little background on the car, I'll get to the question.

LSX Power Tuning did the tune on this car and it runs really, really well and pulls incredibly strong. The car made 494 rwhp. It hunts at idle a bit and he told me this was because of the coded out and unplugged MAF. It has a very aggressive cam too so I really love the idle, but it surges up and down a bit and I'm just looking to settle it into a nice low, lopey idle. It's basically a blow through adapter now to the throttle body. I want to purchase a MAF and smooth elbow from Texas Speed & Performance but they look to be out of stock at this time.

I'm in Waco, TX and can travel just about anywhere with the car for tuning needs. I do plan on spraying the car in the future as well. I'll visit with Nitrous Outlet here in Waco and devise a plan for install. They do awesome stuff over there. But first, I must get the kinks worked out so I can have a proper baseline for tuning and a rear end that won't break. I'll probably go with a colder plug and a new Uego WB when I start the spray. My TS3 BMW has an Innovative LC1 and I don't like it quite as much as the AEM.

I think that's about it for now, let me know what the forces of the forums think and thank you for all the help. I look forward to learning more about this platform!

Old 02-17-2019, 09:47 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Not having a maf wont make it idle different it would just be tuned in SD. We have tuned thousands of cars in the last 17 years so we defiantly dont remember every one but by what your describing (blow through adapter and 500 rwhp) it doesnt sound like a car we remember. PM me the VIN or previous owners name and we can look it up or you can come by and we can look it at, we are about a 2 hr drive though from Waco.

Full Service LSX Shop
HP Tuners, EFI Live, SCT, Holley, BS3, FAST XFI
Holley Certified Installer & Tuner
MSD, Brian Tooley, HP Tuners, EFI Live, Holley, Edge, Superchips +100's more

Email, Remote, Mail Order, Dyno, Street & Track Tuning
*WEBPAGE* *FACEBOOK* *ONLINE STORE*

Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: