Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diagnostic scan tool

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2019, 09:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Diagnostic scan tool

My brother is currently in process of opening a new shop and is searching for a proper scan tool with bi directional controls and ability to purge abs for bleeding brakes etc.
launch x-431 GDS he has found used for $400
anyone have any experience with this tool? Or have any suggestions for a mid level diagnostic tool?
budget is around $2,000
Old 03-03-2019, 09:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For around $2k you can get a Snap-on Ethos Edge. (not an ethos pro, or ethos plus).
It has the same data and bi-directional controls as the more expensive Snap-on scanners.
Joe
Old 03-04-2019, 04:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Can that purge the abs module for brake jobs? For the price he may purchase the launch unit and see how it does. Just wondering if anyone has or has used one of those and how “dated” it really is. But thanks I will tell him to research the ethos as well
Old 03-07-2019, 10:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the matco maximus 2.0, which is made by launch. it does that and much more. program keys, bi directional controls, tpms learning, abs bleeding,config modules etc... . you can scan every module in the vehicle and print out a health report for cust. you can scan just about anything from the 80's to 2018 and you have a 1-800 number from matco to call that will answer any question or problem you may have with scanner. hope this helps
Old 03-08-2019, 04:30 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 505 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by Lt1slowerbird
My brother is currently in process of opening a new shop and is searching for a proper scan tool with bi directional controls and ability to purge abs for bleeding brakes etc.
launch x-431 GDS he has found used for $400
anyone have any experience with this tool? Or have any suggestions for a mid level diagnostic tool?
budget is around $2,000
If your brother is getting you to ask this he is in way over his head. I feel sorry for his first few customers