Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Talk me off the ledge.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 03:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 61 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Talk me off the ledge.....

2002 Trans Am single turbo, lsxr102 intake, ported heads, stage 2 cam, 4l80e, etc...

I have HP Tuners Pro and have my car tuned and running ok, could always be better..

I almost went with Holley during their Christmas sale but chickened out.. Now Holley has this new Terminator X! I like the self learning as I saw it save a buddies engine when he had fuel pump issues he didn't know about.. and boost control is cool.. and Holley training is only an hour away....

My biggest reservation is the stock instrument cluster. It is a nice street car, still has the AC and cruise, and I really don't want to cut the dash up for custom gauges and surely don't want to lose my odometer reading..
What to do, what to do...... Suggestions for instrument cluster, couldn't find any threads successfully getting it to work and I am no rocket scientist!
Old 03-21-2019, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 212 Likes on 171 Posts

My Dakota Digital HDX gauge cluster allowed me to input my old odometer reading in the new DD cluster - must do before 100 miles are travelled. Upgrading to the HDX cluster was a no-brainer for me because all I had in my 70 El Camino before was a speedometer, gas gauge and a bunch of idiot lights.There are plenty of You Tube videos if you want to see what an HDX cluster looks like. Dakota Digital also has a good web site.

Rick
Old 03-21-2019, 09:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Could always buy a spare bezel then do this...

Old 03-22-2019, 07:01 AM
TECH Regular

Received 61 Likes on 53 Posts

I like the dakota idea.. will research that further.. I found the holley dash install but I am a fan of the more "stock" appearance.. thanks for input guys.