PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 GTO ECM swap issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 05 GTO ECM swap issues

I started having the reduced power/safety mode engine shut down happen on my 05 GTO, it would randomly shut off while at a stop or while driving. Also noticed engine control module was getting very hot. After a lot of research i figured it was an ECU/PCM issue so i took it to a local GM dealer knowing i would need a tech2. They confirmed my ECU was failing. So i bought a used one on eBay. They reflashed it and everything on that end went smooth. Now the new big issue, they can't get the ECU to connect to the PIM. as i read on an old thread on this site, my vin# falls into 1 of 609 other vins thatGM screwed up immobilizer codes on, starting them with 0's and the 0 is not recognized, so its reading as a 3 diget code. I'm kinda lost on how to get the ECU & PIM to connect? i heard maybe spend even more money to replace the PIM, but not sure how that would suddenly make that same code function. or possibly disable VATS.....with as often as the e40 ECM seems to fail, having code issues from the factory seems like an issue that should have been addressed long ago, but any input would be appreciated.

Last edited by craignp; 04-22-2019 at 04:19 PM.