Notices
PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Diablo | Pantera EFI

LS1 ignition system trouble shooting

Old 05-17-2019, 10:35 PM
Teching In

Default LS1 ignition system trouble shooting

Im looking for expertise in ls1 ignition system testing. Ive purchased a MSD 89981. I have a ls1 controlled by a bigstuff3. I purchased the tester but i'm not sure how to hook it up. The reason for testing is I want to send a signal into the bigstuff controler through the crank sensor. This seems like a great way to check rpm triggers. Shift light, auto shifter, two step, etc. Has anyone had any experience with this?
Old Today, 04:38 PM
9 Second Club

If the BS3 is running the engine, surely it has diagnostic ability to let you see and check the crank trigger ?

Also, that's a very poor name to call that MSD an ignition tester...when it appears to be a crank trigger simulator. Very different thing.

But if you do choose to buy and use something like that, it seems to verify in some manner your ecu settings and calibrations, make sure injectors and coils cannot operate during any testing.

Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: