Sponsored by:

Map to T-Map???

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 08:24 AM
ly6
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Map to T-Map???

Hi, I was just wondering if any boby use T-Map when they converter they LS to speed density. No need to add a iat in the pipe before the TB, that would make it cleanner looking.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm sure you could, just need the pinout and run the appropriate wires to it. I like having the IAT pre TB where it sees a lot more air flow at idle and low load scenarios. I have an ecoboost (speed density factory tune) and they have a MAP in the manifold and a TMAP at the intercooler outlet.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:21 AM
ly6
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by aaronc7
I'm sure you could, just need the pinout and run the appropriate wires to it. I like having the IAT pre TB where it sees a lot more air flow at idle and low load scenarios. I have an ecoboost (speed density factory tune) and they have a MAP in the manifold and a TMAP at the intercooler outlet.
My concern is the heat soak that happen in the intake manifold that do not in front off the TB. No problem for cool start and stop and start real short période but everything in between concern me. There is when the iat temp will be real off with the real ambiant tempeture and might cause starting issue. Tuner what do you think about this?
Old 05-20-2019, 04:26 PM
ly6
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ly6
My concern is the heat soak that happen in the intake manifold that do not in front off the TB. No problem for cool start and stop and start real short période but everything in between concern me. There is when the iat temp will be real off with the real ambiant tempeture and might cause starting issue. Tuner what do you think about this?
In the 90 I use to have alot of honda car around me and they all have the iat + map on the aluminium intake manifold and no maf sensor or iat in front of the TB at that time and they run great. So no reason why it shoul'd work???