Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Escalade Reduced Engine Power

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 06:26 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Escalade Reduced Engine Power

This thing is driving me nuts. I have a 2007 Escalade that runs fine for 5-10 minutes and then craps out. It shows stabilitrak off and reduced engine power. Sometimes it will still crawl at about 10mph and other times it won't do anything when you hit the pedal. It has a code (will have to recheck the exact code when I get home) for the accelerator pedal sensor and throttle position sensor. I replaced both and it didn't help at all. It seems to mess up faster the warmer it is outside. I'm pretty much stumped at this point.
Old 05-31-2019, 10:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jridenour31
This thing is driving me nuts. I have a 2007 Escalade that runs fine for 5-10 minutes and then craps out. It shows stabilitrak off and reduced engine power. Sometimes it will still crawl at about 10mph and other times it won't do anything when you hit the pedal. It has a code (will have to recheck the exact code when I get home) for the accelerator pedal sensor and throttle position sensor. I replaced both and it didn't help at all. It seems to mess up faster the warmer it is outside. I'm pretty much stumped at this point.
Post up the code. Possible wiring issue or a bad throttle body. I’ve seen it a few times. Need code too help more
Old 06-05-2019, 02:51 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

I once tuned a turbo escalade that went into reduced power, 2nd gear only mode after I changed everything I thought I needed to change for the base 2bar olsd tune. I went back to stock and changed only what was necessary one at a time, and the problem went away. I compared the files, and never figured out what caused it. I know this is not a very helpful post, but that was my experience.
Old 06-06-2019, 03:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm having the same issue with my 2003 H2. I'm showing codes P0220 and P2135. It came to me with the issue and the PO had replaced the TB twice, accelerator pedal, the TB connector on the harness and pedal. I spent a morning running through all the diagnostic steps and everything checked out perfect. There is a TSB about checking the ground on the back of the cylinder head that I have not looked into yet, but I be that is the fault. I'll try to run a voltage drop test first and see if that changes after I clean and make sure the ground is good.
Old 06-07-2019, 08:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by Pulse_GTO
I'm having the same issue with my 2003 H2. I'm showing codes P0220 and P2135. It came to me with the issue and the PO had replaced the TB twice, accelerator pedal, the TB connector on the harness and pedal. I spent a morning running through all the diagnostic steps and everything checked out perfect. There is a TSB about checking the ground on the back of the cylinder head that I have not looked into yet, but I be that is the fault. I'll try to run a voltage drop test first and see if that changes after I clean and make sure the ground is good.
I have fixed this probably quite a bit by cleaning/replacing the grounds on the back of the engine.