Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wideband and mpvi2 help

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 10:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wideband and mpvi2 help

So here’s the scoop. I’m looking to purchase a wideband for my build. I have the mpvi2, however I would like to do the bypass for now, instead of the pro feature. At a later date I may upgrade to pro. So what I’ve gathered is you can use a serial data to usb to wire up a wideband and use an extra USB port on the laptop. Will the gauge then only read when the laptop is hooked up? I think I have a pretty good idea of what needs to happen to hook it up. However if someone has a good write up or can refresh me I’d appreciate it. Also, I am attaching pics of the combo I’m looking at. If anyone see’s any issues with the combo I’d also appreciate it, or suggestions of better combos. Thanks in advance
Old 06-08-2019, 10:32 PM
Teching In

Old 06-08-2019, 10:33 PM
Teching In

Old 06-09-2019, 09:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Try the hp tuners forums. I’m certain serial ports 1 and 5 are used on the green plug but I can’t remember which one the signal wire goes into.

Aem widebands are easy to log in HPT because they already have the parameters set up in the software. All you need to do is add a channel with the aem wideband you are using then add your wideband to the charts. It has to be in the channels list first before anything will show up in graphs, charts or gauges.

EDIT: pin 1 is the signal, pin 5 is the ground

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...EM-wideband-up
Old 06-16-2019, 10:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure if they converter will work, the plug looks right, but I believe they use an rs-232 serial protocol. I used an insignia adapter from bestbuy and just cut an old serial cord in half. But the wideband gauge will read whenever it's on, not just when plugged into the laptop
Old 06-16-2019, 10:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also, make sure that the serial port ground is also grounded to the vehicle