Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stalling with load while engine warms up

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 02:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stalling with load while engine warms up

Looking for a little advise here, 02 LS1, th350 with 3600 stall, 231/235 cam, SD tune (running SD open loop due to pacesetter header O2 sensor location blocking th350 shift lever)

Having issue while engine is warming up, if there is any load put on the motor and the throttle is cracked even the slightest; before it reaches temp it stalls.

I've messed with the ECT advance table and it hasn't changed anything.
looking for ideas. once car is warmed up it idles and runs great. just during the warm up time I'm having problems.

again if I don't touch the throttle or put any load on the motor (leave it in park) once it warms up it doesn't stall.

Tune and Log are attached, sorry the log file is a little long.
Old 06-16-2019, 04:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,021 Likes on 2,352 Posts

Sounds like it needs a little more cold enrichment.
Old 06-18-2019, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 176 Likes on 107 Posts

I don't have a ton of time to go through the rest of it, but 2 things I noticed are your IAC counts sticking at 299, and the 2 tables in the tune being very far off from what I am used to seeing. Your effective area table starts at 100 and goes to 400, but the the Running Airflow table in park is zeroed out, which is the table which dictates the position in which the IAC goes to, basically defining the value of the effective area. You have a manual tune plugged in, and you said you have a TH350 installed... I know that's not an "E" trans but you should visit your Base Running Airflow and tune that.

Try plotting dynamic on ECT and plugging in those numbers on the BRAF table, and then set the effective area back to stock settings for now. It can be tuned with some math. Make SURE your VE is dialed in, and these numbers should get you straightened out. I have guides on how to do all of that if you don't know what I am talking about.