Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance at night vs during the day

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 11:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance at night vs during the day

I know that at night iat drop air becomes more dense it help the performance of the car but I feel like my car is no where near as strong during the day as it is at night I知 wondering if maybe I知 missing something in my tuning since I知 learning how to do it on my own or if it痴 just in my head
Old 07-27-2019, 03:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 115 Likes on 76 Posts

In your head most likely. There are spots around here where the temps change drastically depending which side of the valley you are on, it can be 80F on one side and 60F on the other because one side runs along a glacier fed river in total shade. I can tell no difference in my turbo car. My motorcycle tends to run better by the river but its air cooled...The IAT in the car drop maybe 3degrees at cruise going from 80 to 60's. I'm pretty sure a dyno wouldn't even be sensitive enough to tell. Go all the way to late fall or even dry winter with no ice and the temps are sub freezing and its not enough to gain any HP.
Old 07-29-2019, 05:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 898 Likes on 640 Posts

Depends on how aggressive your IAT retard table is.

Also any car is going to run better with cooler denser air.
Old 07-29-2019, 05:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 274 Likes on 190 Posts

My procharged 4.8 loves some 50- air. But then my tires don't hook. Maybe a tradeoff at certain temp hi's/low's. Just my .2 cents.......