Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy electrical problem

The problem is , when driving....the car will cut power for 1-2 sec, then come right back on. The gauges will go out, the motor will stop...the whole car loses power. Then it will come right back on. It does it almost like there is a short in the harness somewhere, or like the battery was loose but the battery connection has been checked.
Old 07-14-2004, 02:45 PM
Staging Lane

I had that happen once. Actually, it was on the way home from my first tuning session several months ago. I was doing about 65 on the freeway and lost all power for about 5 seconds; the motor stopped running and everything. I started to pull over to the side of the road and suddenly everything came back on including the motor. I NEVER had the problem again, so I still don't know what that problem was to this day.

I'm experiencing a somewhat similar problem as we speak (motor just died on the freeway, and NEVER came back on) but all the electronics still work minus the fuel level and temp gages. My motor is just not getting any fuel.
Old 07-18-2004, 05:12 PM
Teching In

I'm having the same problem. My car would shut off at high rpm and then come back to life. Now it won't start. I have no fuel pressure and the volt gauge on the cluster shows zero volts. I had the battery checked and the alternator. The batery was fine but the autoparts place said my alt was dead. I bought a new alt and I still have the problem. The car cranks but does not start.

If you guys find a out what yor problem is, can you please e-mail me at <z-spot@usa.net>.

Thanks,
Ted Z.
1998 Z28