Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAFS with 4150 TB and MPI

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 01:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAFS with 4150 TB and MPI

Hello from Cali, I'm putting together a bone stock LS2 for my 56 chevy crew cab and I'm thinking about using a holley single plane MPI intake and their universal 1000cfm throttle body (built in IAC/TPS) to go after that retro LS look with the batwing air cleaner. My question is, how and where would my ECM know how much air is entering the engine? Would I run a MAFS? Or would this setup require converting to a speed density tune? Thanks in advance!!
Old 09-26-2019, 03:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Using that style air cleaner, u will need to convert over to a SD tune and rely on the map sensor for tuning. This is your only option, and is the cleanest look in my opinion.

Sounds like its gonna be a nice setup once finished!
The following users liked this post:
Tatas56 (09-26-2019)
Old 09-29-2019, 02:50 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 528 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by brandon6.0
Using that style air cleaner, u will need to convert over to a SD tune and rely on the map sensor for tuning. This is your only option, and is the cleanest look in my opinion.

Sounds like its gonna be a nice setup once finished!
With the amount of hood clearance I suspect he has, sd is absolutely not the only option. That being said, the other options are overly complicated and add no real benefit, other than system redundancy. Think about how small the actual element is in a MAF. Cut it down and delete the (obviously beneficial) honeycomb portion, and you could easily fit that between the air filter and throttle body. I would not waste the effort, but it is doable.

Quick Reply: MAFS with 4150 TB and MPI