Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3 controller with LS1 knock sensors

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2019, 04:23 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LS3 controller with LS1 knock sensors

I have done some google searching but I keep getting sent down the wrong rabbit hole. So here is the background of the issue I am having. I have a 2002 LQ4 and I installed a 58x crank (to run DBW) and a GMPP LS3 controller. I have modified the stock LS3 knock sensor harness to use the 1 wire LQ4 valley sensors. I did this by grounding terminal "B" (if i remember correctly) and connecting terminal A to the knock sensor. The engine runs, although it is running a bit lean right now since it has yet to be tuned. However, I am getting a "circuit low input" for both knock sensor banks. I have to assume this is either due to the fact that my ground my be faulty, or the LS1 sensors are not compatible with the LS3 controller. Unfortunately, I cannot simply install the new sensors because the block is not tapped, and I am not pulling the engine just to do that. Since I will be having the engine tuned, will this be something we can adjust for knock sensor sensitivity or do I need to find a location to mount the LS3 sensors on the head or something?

Quick Reply: LS3 controller with LS1 knock sensors