PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deatschwerks Data Actually Good?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2019, 12:18 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 140 Likes on 117 Posts

Default Deatschwerks Data Actually Good?

Just wondering if the data provided by deatschwerks is actually any good?

The gold standard is ID followed by GM injectors (especially if flow-matched). Wondering if Deatschwerks is in that same class?
Old 10-19-2019, 03:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 397 Likes on 291 Posts

I don't have experience with a bunch of different injectors, but the Deatschwerks data seems excellent to me. I run ethanol and as you know it's percentage can vary greatly. So with that in mind I'm not flex fuel I change the stoich in my tune according to the ethanol percentage I'm running. I calculate the stoich for the percentage and enter it with no other changes to the tune. My AFR is always dead on with just that change. In my mind if the injector data was incorrect then a stoich change alone would require some VE tuning as well for different areas. I've ran 2 different sets of injectors this way and it worked for both sets. I also changed to bigger injectors with no other changes except the injector data and again perfect driveability and fueling with no VE changes needed.

When I ran 43 psi base pressure they also gave me the offsets I needed for that fuel pressure by testing my specific set and flow matched at no cost.
Old 10-20-2019, 12:14 AM
Super Hulk Smash

That is a good testament to it being quality data.

That's encouraging.
Old 10-20-2019, 06:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 528 Likes on 372 Posts

Oem suppliers with actual data are almost always golden. I do not see any scenario where they would benefit by providing junk data.
Old 10-21-2019, 01:48 PM
FormerVendor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by JakeFusion
Just wondering if the data provided by deatschwerks is actually any good?

The gold standard is ID followed by GM injectors (especially if flow-matched). Wondering if Deatschwerks is in that same class?

While we defiantly dont agree with that statement and have only used Deatschwerks once in my wifes car the data was correct. I took out stock injectors, installed the new ones and plugged in the data,fuel trims and wideband was within 1-2% everywhere from stock injectors. Car ran exactly same as with stock injectors.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 912 Likes on 652 Posts

We have used DW a lot. In GM's, Fords and Mopars and have been really happy with them.
Old 10-23-2019, 05:07 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Originally Posted by LSX Power Tuning
While we defiantly dont agree with that statement and have only used Deatschwerks once in my wifes car the data was correct. I took out stock injectors, installed the new ones and plugged in the data,fuel trims and wideband was within 1-2% everywhere from stock injectors. Car ran exactly same as with stock injectors.
What part? The ID or the GM data?

And that's good on DW. They don't look like redrilled injectors either. And the pricing is very attractive.
Old 10-23-2019, 06:16 PM
FormerVendor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

The ID part.
Old 10-23-2019, 09:24 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 244 Likes on 186 Posts

Even though we sell alot of ID just like LSX Power said...they arent a gold standard and some of their injectors are definitely not what id use on what people use them on. They have info, so that's good, but good info?
You could get quite a few no-info injectors to run almost as good really and pay likely $400 less. They are hyped.
Before all this info was out, most just changed ifr and maybe min pulse width and adder and thats it and had stellar results for years.
Some tuners now act like they cant even without a full sheet of this goes there or copy and paste. The sad part isz even the best injector data isnt worth much when the injectors dont flow it or the rest of the tune is wack.

I do like deatschwerks. The main issue I have is, they are just like ID where they all basically use a tiny ls3 injector and 2 height adapters and a plug to make it work on anything. Most of the time there is no need for all that and it can only complicate matters. Otherwise they have always been on point even when i hear of customers sending them in to FIC or witchhunter to get cleaned and reflowed etc.
Old 10-24-2019, 07:47 AM
Super Hulk Smash

Good data points.

I am running an LS3 size these days, so that's fine.

What I've noticed matters more than anything is getting flow-matched sets on the larger injectors. It's hard to tune ZR1 injectors that are bought as 8 individual if they are off by 10% (which happens). And it shows up bank-to-bank when tuning. You can get around it of course, but it's better to pay extra for a flow-matched set once you get over 42lbs. Even bad data tunes easier/drives better if they are all the same. You just make it up in the VE table anyway. The transients can be a little goofy with data that's way off, but you can tune a lot of that out too.
Old 10-26-2019, 03:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 397 Likes on 291 Posts

You will get a card with the flow data for your actual set of injectors with DW. Here is mine as an example...

The following users liked this post:
JakeFusion (10-27-2019)
Old 10-31-2019, 11:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

When i had there injectors there data was good but i went through 2 sets of injectors with injectors that leaked. One was so bad the cylinder wouldn't fire so i went back to gm injectors. They were good about replacing them but i couldn't go through the trouble a 3rd time.

After i installed the first set and checked fuel trims nothing changed from stock injectors so their data wsa spot on.

Quick Reply: Deatschwerks Data Actually Good?